Page 1 of 5
I would have to say the Muse in my opinion is the most over rated band.

Theres just something I don't like about them, they have done everything that other bands have already done, and they just are that innovative in my opinion

But the most underrated band has got to be Mogwai

Holy **** these guys can play, they are so good they dont even need vocals, the instruments just carry you away.
most overated - green day/ MCR

underated - MxPx awesomeness is overwhelming
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
mogwai and meat puppets are the only alt/indie bands in this thread.

off the top of my head i can't think of anyone i think is over-rated. probably because if i thought they were over-rated and not good i won't listen to them.

bonnie 'prince' billy is criminally under-rated by the general world, although the critics seem to love him.
My Morning Jacket never gets any talk around here. Elvis Costello too.

Although, a lot of artists get no talk around here.
To be totally honest this forum kind of sucks.
oh yeah! the mighty mighty bosstones are underrated! sadly people usually only know them by "the impression that i get"
ac/dc is definitely overrated. not that i don't like them, it's just that too many people when asked what the greatest rock band is (MCR) they answer with ac/dc
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ac/dc is definitely overrated. not that i don't like them, it's just that too many people when asked what the greatest rock band is (MCR) they answer with ac/dc

What in the hell..?

Quote by jakesmellspoo
OH! we're in the alt/indie thread!

overrated: system of a down

underrated: old weezer

Again, what..?
and older weezer songs like the ones off of the blue album don't get too much play. currently they are overrated though with that ****ty "beverly hills" song
Quote by jakesmellspoo
and older weezer songs like the ones off of the blue album don't get too much play. currently they are overrated though with that ****ty "beverly hills" song

the second again "what" i assume was directed at you saying system of a down was alt/indie. it probably also arose from you calling weezer under-rated.

Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr

To be totally honest this forum kind of sucks.

hey, you know you love it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
im done with this thread, asshole deleted my posts

way to insult a mod. i expect you will have a warning email very soon.
I don't really listen to any bands I consider overrated. I have to say that one of the most underrated bands ever are The Melvins. An indie band I never hear anyone talk about is Built to Spill. I have to agree with jakesmellspoo and say The Mighty Mighty Bosstones are great, although I'd consider them far from underrated.
Join The Skyland group. PM kurt_hendrix to join.
Overrated? Dave Matthews Band

Underrated? Yo La Tengo
Current Rig:
Fender CS Eric Clapton Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Digitech Crossroads Pedal

In the stereo: The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
overated: Bright eyes, death cab for cutie, other "indie" bands of the main stream concsuosness(sp?)

Underated: my morning jacket, silversun pickups, wolf parade... i could go on for quite some time.
Quote by j0nmcc
leave him to me

sowwy.

over-rated: !!!
under-rated: the modern lovers.
Overrated: Arctic Monkeys
Underrated: Thirteen Senses
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Overated:Artic monkeys
Underated:Metallica.Thay have some many great song, and people only know enter sandman and master of puppets.
Overrate: too many, Bright Eyes, Death Cab

Underrated: The Violent Femmes, The Faint

A little irony about that list, Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes was the originally the singer for The Faint.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by zedman
Overated:Artic monkeys
Underated:Metallica.Thay have some many great song, and people only know enter sandman and master of puppets.

Are you serious? I enjoy Metallica but..

1. They are not Alt/Indie and therfore they have absolutely nothing to do in this thread.
2. They are far from underrated. They are certainly one of the most acknowledged Metal bands in the history of music and Enter Sandman and Master Of Puppets are far from the only Metallica songs people know.

Anyway... The most overrated band? I don't know, I used to think Radiohead, but they've grown on me a bit. Just a bit, though. The most underrated band on this forum? Well there are far too many to choose from, but I think I'll settle for Stereolab this time. The most underrated band overall? I can't think of one right now. Stereolab?

Yes, I've come to like Stereolab quite a lot.
Last edited by European Son at Oct 20, 2007,
Muse underated what a lot of hairy balls. Muse totally rock each album they've done has been different from the last and they have been consistently on form. Matt Bellamy is one of the best singer/songwriters/musicans out there and imo the best of the new centuary. Dom and Chris provide a great back up. Have u seen them live? They are totally awesome best live act of recent years and the awards they've won prove this, saw them myself at wembley arena last december and it was deffo worth the entry fee. Can't wait for the next album
Quote by uhh_me?

bonnie 'prince' billy is criminally under-rated by the general world, although the critics seem to love him.

You really think so? I have that Bonnie 'Prince' Billy/Tortoise album. Probably the worst album I own, and I have Jock Jams 5.
Over Rated - Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Dinosaur Jr., Sonic Youth

Under Rated - June of 44, Unwound, You.May.Die.In.The.Desert, Cats and Cats and Cats, The Siegfried Sassoon, Physics, Heavy Vegetable
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by YourLastAffront

Under Rated - June of 44, Unwound, You.May.Die.In.The.Desert, Cats and Cats and Cats, The Siegfried Sassoon, Physics, Heavy Vegetable

ouch. why? I can agree with you on Modest Mouse though. lol
Current Rig:

Quote by blackflag49
Most Overrated = Animal Collective (I just... don't get it)

I agree with you. I just don't get it.
Quote by YourLastAffront

saying radiohead and sonic youth, possibly two of the most influential bands of the past 20-30 years are overrated is a pretty bold statement.

i would say over rated - muse i do like a few songs by them but i would definitely say over rated.

under rated - air and devotchka
Quote by rushmore
saying radiohead and sonic youth, possibly two of the most influential bands of the past 20-30 years are overrated is a pretty bold statement.

Hush, you'll get him started.
Overrated - Radiohead

Underrated - God Is An Astronaut
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I think saying Radiohead is overrated is just the new cool thing to do

However, I'd like to agree with rushmore... Air is maddd underrated.
Current Rig:

There are like so many criminally underrated bands!
To be honest, Most of Saddle Creek is a bit over rated (not to say that I don't like them)
and Ted Leo and the Pharmacists are under rated IMO. You never hear ANYTHING about them in australia =(.
I've almost finished.
Page 1 of 5