Hi. Can you guys recommed an amp?

Budget: $500 or less

Need it for practice and small to medium gigs.

Would like it to be loud enough to be able to play at places with no PA.

My band playes a lot of metal, but we do some clean stuff to. I'm using a ESP right now. I can't think of any thing else that would be helpful. btw, I would love to get a 5150 but I can't seem to find one cheap enough with shipping. Thanks.
maybe the peavey xxx? idk if that would work as well, so I'd recommend saving up for the 5150/6505
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
B-52, Ashdown Fallen Angel if you can find one.

Or save up for the 5150
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
If you can get another $100, you could get a MG100DFX halfstack. Now I'm not much for advertisments, but from what I hear, the distortion is quite crushing.
Randall RG50TC.

from what I hear, the distortion is quite crushing.

Is the overdrive slamming as well??
Last edited by Chinomaster182 at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by the.spine.surfs
If you can get another $100, you could get a MG100DFX halfstack. Now I'm not much for advertisments, but from what I hear, the distortion is quite crushing.

...please tell me you're kidding.

Don't take this suggestion seriously, TS. And look into the amps that Yngwi3 suggested
Sorry, I'm not ALWAYS helpfull.

Seriously, try out a Peavey Valveking 112, I think it's called. That, and a Metal Muff should put you where you want, and be pretty portable too.

Edit: ^you would not believe how slammin' it is. I was getting laid before I even turned it on.