what is a better amp the fender hot rod deluxe or the fender blues deluxe?

what is a better one for heavy stuff such as Metallica, which is going to be better for classic rock such as Boston?

Please include what has better reverb, overdrive, etc.

If you can, name other amps that are good with all those for a price around 700 new. thanks
you're gonna have to go used to get something better than a valveking, not that it's a bad amp, but you should go used and get the best possible
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Eh. Neither are really going to give you the tone you want for Metallica, and might not give you the rock tones you're after. Have a look at this instead. Put a pedal in front of it and it will probably do whatever you want.
Last edited by Denthúl at Oct 18, 2007,
yea but there can be alot of problems with a used amp. nd i dont really wanna take a chance like that and gettin a bad amp
Quote by Denthúl
Eh. Neither are really going to give you the tone you want for Metallica, and might not give you the rock tones you're after. Have a look at this[/ur] instead. Put a pedal in front of it and it will probably do whatever you want.

Your link phails denth

EDIT : ^ Pfft nonsense! used is the way to go!
and im going to have a distortion factory OD pedal which is going to help alot.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Your link phails denth

EDIT : ^ Pfft nonsense! used is the way to go!

Bah, you fiend! Pointing out my mistakes!

Thanks for that. 'Tis fixed now
Quote by senators31
well what are good marshall tubes for cheap?

Used Marshall JCM 800/ 900 combos?
Quote by Don_Humpador
Used Marshall JCM 800/ 900 combos?

+ lots and lots.

I have a JCM900 and it can do everything I want, save for really heavy stuff. Or maybe that's just my poor EQing skills?

But it's a good, versatile amp indeed. The 800 might be recommended by more people, but I honestly like my 900 more (perhaps because I don't have an 800 xD). But yeah, try them out and see if you like them. They can both handle those styles.
Quote by Denthúl
+ lots and lots.

I have a JCM900 and it can do everything I want, save for really heavy stuff. Or maybe that's just my poor EQing skills?

But it's a good, versatile amp indeed. The 800 might be recommended by more people, but I honestly like my 900 more (perhaps because I don't have an 800 xD). But yeah, try them out and see if you like them. They can both handle those styles.

1x12 JCM 900 going for £250 on the net*. I am tempted.

*Not eBay, don't try it
Quote by Don_Humpador
1x12 JCM 900 going for £250 on the net*. I am tempted.

*Not eBay, don't try it

Sweeeet...do it!

Honestly, it's a great amp for pretty much everything. Only nag I have is that I could only afford to get a used 1922 cab, rather than the 1936 I wanted. So the head hangs over the edges of the cab and it doesn't sit on it properly
Quote by Denthúl
Sweeeet...do it!

Honestly, it's a great amp for pretty much everything. Only nag I have is that I could only afford to get a used 1922 cab, rather than the 1936 I wanted. So the head hangs over the edges of the cab and it doesn't sit on it properly

Have you tried the Orange Rocker 30 or TT? If so, how does the 900 compare? I have a weird thing about Marshall combos, like this psychological deficiency that somehow a single speaker Marshall won't sound as good. I know, it's ridiculous, I guess if I got to try the amp I would cure it. I'll have to think, and I'll probably need to sell my BJ first. And I can't even do that - it crapped out on me a few days ago, and needs fixing.

Dilemmas.
It's all preference, really. It's a shame you live so far away, because I'd be willing to let you demo my JCM900. I know that I run it through two 12" speakers rather than one, but it'd give you an idea of how it sounds.

Personally, I prefer the JCM900 to the Rocker 30 because it does exactly what I want it to. I like to have a gain control on the clean channel so that I can have a crunchy sound which cleans up when I roll back the volume as well as a more distorted tone on the dirty channel. Also, two seperate reverb controls is nice. But the Rocker 30 probably has better tone. I've never cranked that one, though.

And I haven't had much time with a TT either.
All this wanting makes me realise I should really get a proper job...

In the past few weeks I've, and still am, GASing for a Rocker 30, Edwards LP, Hamer Newport, Moollon chorus pedal and a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe. All of which amounts to about £3500. Doh.
Haha. I don't even have a job either, so...yeah. And GAS has been hitting me pretty hard lately, too. I also want an Edwards LP (thanks to Dave_Mc) and wouldn't mind a Classic Players Strat (the 60s one) but I can't currently afford either.

Oh, and a chorus, and delay, and fuzz, and phaser... Yeah. Bloody GAS...