hey! does anybody know if the springs around the screws that attatch the saddles to the bridge on a strat are necessary? thanks.
Cream Schecter Ultra III
Black Epi Les Paul Studio
Hohner Red SG (yeah weird)
Breedlove Dreadnought acoustic
An old fender (unknown model)
A frankenstein strat (unknown model)
15w Vox Pathfinder
120w Crate Flexwave
they help hold everything in place. If you take them off then you will have tuning/intonation trouble.
Not taking any online orders.
If you take them off you should block the trem with wood. If you did that then you probably could do it without many problems.
^ Wrong springs. We're talking about the springs that are on the side you see when you look at the strings.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Oct 19, 2007,
Quote by Will_Minus
^ Wrong springs. We're talking about the springs that are on the side you see when you look at the springs.

you basically just said "were talking about the springs you see when you look at the springs" =P

were talking about the springs around the screws holding the saddles in place here
I Love Oreos, And im English =D
as long as you set the ccrews right b4 the strings are at full tenbsion, it should be fine. I also ask,

Yo do u wanna take em off?
Quote by flaphappy91

Yo do u wanna take em off?

Probably lost one. I don't know why someone would want to take off that spring, it doesn't get in the way.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
My mistake, I just edited my post.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
If you lost the spring just stop by wherever you bought the guitar, they'll toss in a new one for you. I did this free of charge.