okay, this is serious. im planning on going to the states for college [currently in uruguay] we don't have SATs here, and im not sure there are even permanent records were my grades are put into, if i want to get into a college in the states, do i have to do senior year over there? so i can take the SATs and have at least 1 year go into my permanent record?

edit: i have a permanent record for grades 1-9 since i lived in the states during thoose grades..
Last edited by Spitz13 at Oct 18, 2007,
If you don't have permanent records that's going to be way difficult; I'm not going to try and guess how they'll handle it.
Best way to find out is contact the recruiting offices of the schools you're interested in directly.
Hi, I'm Peter
Hmmm....
Hard question. Sadly, I don't pay a lick of attention in my careers class and this situation came up today.
Oh noes!
Quote by ameer
If you don't have permanent records that's going to be way difficult; I'm not going to try and guess how they'll handle it.

i'm not sure if they have em or not, everything is really... um.. sh*tty over here.. i highly DOUBT they have em, some kind of record yes, but a permanent record... doubt it..
Exactly, contact the colleges you are wishing to attend, and get the answers from them.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
colleges tend to like having internationals. it makes them feel prestigious.

but ya, just get in contact with the college directly. honestly, i should know this as a bunch of my friends are internationals.
umm i believe every university will have different guidelines, but i know that at my school, you did not need to take the act or sat tests unless you went to a high school in the united states. other than that you will need to take an english proficiency test. about the permanent records situation, i think you will be okay as long as you are able to provide the correct information on your application, and you write an essay. i'd say start applying now and researching, because alot of schools have early admissions that are more lenient.
Quote by bmac85
umm i believe every university will have different guidelines, but i know that at my school, you did not need to take the act or sat tests unless you went to a high school in the united states. other than that you will need to take an english proficiency test. about the permanent records situation, i think you will be okay as long as you are able to provide the correct information on your application, and you write an essay. i'd say start applying now and researching, because alot of schools have early admissions that are more lenient.

I second that. If you're in your junior year, I'd start doing my research now. At my school, we send ours out in september/october as a class.
Oh noes!
Quote by Spitz13
okay, this is serious

Don't ask us. Bad idea. Go to your guidance counselor or anyone else at your high school. I don't know what the ACT's are, but I know they're an alternative to the SATs.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by xxtrigger
I second that. If you're in your junior year, I'd start doing my research now. At my school, we send ours out in september/october as a class.

well my classmates from miami [the ones im going to high school with if i move back for 12th] are already started with sophmore year..
double post

Quote by Nor'Easterbass
Don't ask us. Bad idea. Go to your guidance counselor or anyone else at your high school. I don't know what the ACT's are, but I know they're an alternative to the SATs.

we don't have SATs.. permanent records... we're lucky we have a bathroom, and you want us to have couselors? lol.