Hello
I looking for a new amp to replace my 15g
I can spend up to 500$
I play Classic Rock and will be playing blues on it.
Led Zeppelin, Skynyrd, Free, Hendrix, Who, Allman Brothers(Really want a amp that can pull them off, Cream (sunshine),Clapton,AC/DC,GNR, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Keith Richards tone, Rush,
I will also be playing some blues and metal think SRV and Sabbath
I am looking at preferably tube and I dont care if it is used or new.
I have heard alot of good things about the Classic 30 and 50
But dont know which would be better 50 has standby switch, 2 speakers and a master volume and the 30 doesnt.
Just keep in mind I would rather have a good Zeppelin, Hendrix, and blues tone more than I would want to have a Rush tone or Van Halen but I hope this amp could do those to.
This will mostly be a bed room amp. I dont live in a apartment or any thing.
I right now have a squire strat but I think I want a new amp cause I am just not satisfied with my town.
Also I will probaly be getting a Les paul Elitist for christmas so keep that I mind
Thanks!!!!!@@!!!
I'd say go with the peavy classic. Probably the 30 if you dont need to make alot of noise. It'll give great tones for blues.
My gear:
Epiphone Limeted Edition Les Paul Custom G-400 with maestro Tremolo

Squire '51

Line 6 Spider II (it sucks but not as bad as people say it does)
Laney VC-30 ftw
edit: omg $850?? you guys get ripped on Laney!

Fender Blues Jnr. if you can save a tad more?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^^ the classic 30 is damn loud. try that and a palomino v32
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
It can be used so I could easily get those amps I can go used. And no I just said I dont live in aparment so I can make a some noise without getting in trouble houses arent like cramped together there spaced.
check those out used, should be easy to get for $100-150 off
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
hmm- I don't know how much Laney VC-15's or VC-30's go for used on the other side of the pond so take a look- they are very nice amps which will suit your needs.
(okay, okay, so i havn't tried one [unfortunately ] but from soundclips, and enormous praise on here from members who know what they're talking about- it sounds just right for you)
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by Yngwi3
hmm- I don't know how much Laney VC-15's or VC-30's go for used on the other side of the pond so take a look- they are very nice amps which will suit your needs.
(okay, okay, so i havn't tried one [unfortunately ] but from soundclips, and enormous praise on here from members who know what they're talking about- it sounds just right for you)

If I were to get a peavey Classic 50 which should I cause there are two version one with 4 speakers one with 2
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-50410-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481018
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-50212-Tube-Amp-Combo-?sku=481015
The Classic 30 is a pretty good amp seemed to get a great Zep tone when I tried it.

If you want to save some money and don't need the wattage, the Blues Junior is also a nice amp I think.

Edit: ^ I've only played the 30 watter and I have very little experiance with speakers but I think the 2x12 should be more than enough, 4x10 seems like the map will just be heavier and move more air.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by zeppelinpage4
The Classic 30 is a pretty good amp seemed to get a great Zep tone when I tried it.

If you want to save some money and don't need the wattage, the Blues Junior is also a nice amp I think.

As I can tell you are a Zep Fan. What Practice amp do you use to get Zep Tone.
Don't get the 50- you will *not* have the opportunity to crank it.
30 watts valve is *loud*
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by Yngwi3
Don't get the 50- you will *not* have the opportunity to crank it.
30 watts valve is *loud*

Yeah but the 50 has a master volume and the 30 doesnt so I would be able to get cranked tones from the 50
classic 30 is nice for that stuff
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
the 30 does have a master volume. you can get overdrive at low volumes.

i'm guessing there's a bit of difference in tone, as the 30 runs on el84's while the 50 runs on 6L6's, as far as I know. it's not just a volume issue (though since 6L6's break up later than el84's, it might be).

crate palomino is probably worth a look too, though I haven't tried it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ClassicRock1169
As I can tell you are a Zep Fan. What Practice amp do you use to get Zep Tone.

Right now i'm just using a Vox ad30vt, which does well for an SS/hybrid amp, but i'm saving for a tube amp.

I'm probably gonna get an AC30, you can a get the AC30 CC1 used for around $700 these days. I read that Jimmy played AC30's quite a bit so...

Though from my experiance playing amps, if you have some nice overdrive and a decent tube amp, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a Zep tone.

On the early recordings Jimmy used a little Supro amp, so I imagine a small tube amp that's been pushed should sound pretty good. Just my two cents lol...
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Quote by Dave_Mc
the 30 does have a master volume. you can get overdrive at low volumes.

i'm guessing there's a bit of difference in tone, as the 30 runs on el84's while the 50 runs on 6L6's, as far as I know. it's not just a volume issue (though since 6L6's break up later than el84's, it might be).

crate palomino is probably worth a look too, though I haven't tried it.

are you talking about the peavey? because my classic 30 doesn't have a master volume. maybe they have updated it since i got mine? mines the old design with no curve
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
are you talking about the peavey? because my classic 30 doesn't have a master volume. maybe they have updated it since i got mine? mines the old design with no curve

I played an old design one and i'm %90 sure there was a Master volume....I even remember getting some good overdrive....

Quote by InanezGuitars44

depends what you mean by a master volume, i guess. there's no overall volume (as far as I can remember), but the overdrive channel has both volume and gain knobs, which I count as a master volume...

EDIT: basically if you can get preamp distortion at low volumes, I consider that to be a master volume. YMMV etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Peavey Classic 30 or Blues Junior definetly. Played both of them and liked both of them, a lot.

The peavey has more gain, more volume, and more features, and a higher price tag.
The blues junior sounds like a fender, and has nicer cleans.

They're both great amps, so if i were you, i'd go play both of them side by side and figure out which one sounds right to you.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
the VC-15/VC-30 would be ideal for classic rock. And the difference between the EL84's and the 6L6's, is that the EL84's run in class A, and the 6L6's in class A/B, the EL84's, basically have a better tone due to pretty much 0 crossover distortion, where the 6L6's will have a very small amount
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
I REALLY like the Blues Jr plus a good OD, like the Fulltone OCD combo.

I'd go that way, if you settle on a TS9 you might be able to get everything new, go used if you want the better gear.

I don't like the classic 30 as much as the blues jr. The fender is brighter and has a very sweet tone but of course its my opinion, both are great with a boost.
If your considering pedals and don't mind building your own, I hear this this is a great pedal especially for the price. Tough I haven't played one I know Whole Lotta Led has one of these and ECisthebest made one...

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/bender.html

Quote by zeppelinpage4
If your considering pedals and don't mind building your own, I hear this this is a great pedal especially for the price. Tough I haven't played one I know Whole Lotta Led has one of these and ECisthebest made one...

It doesnt have a master volume just to let you know (The Classic 30) Musicians Friend said so.
Quote by Dave_Mc
depends what you mean by a master volume, i guess. there's no overall volume (as far as I can remember), but the overdrive channel has both volume and gain knobs, which I count as a master volume...

EDIT: basically if you can get preamp distortion at low volumes, I consider that to be a master volume. YMMV etc.

ok yeah. like the clean channel has its own volume. then the overdrive has separate pre-gain and post-gain. the post works more as the volume while the pre works more like gain. bu turning up the post more does get nice breakup

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by zeppelinpage4

+1 especially if you into Page's earlier tones from I and II. Listen to How Many More Times or You Shook Me for a good idea what it sounds like. I've also gotten some nice Hendrix-ish tones from it and Clapton (Cream) tones

You can either build the kit like ZP said or you can get them prebuilt. I never actually built the BYOC kit, bought my parts seperate which saved me about $30. But if aren't too pedal savy the BYOC kits are the way to go
Quote by InanezGuitars44
ok yeah. like the clean channel has its own volume. then the overdrive has separate pre-gain and post-gain. the post works more as the volume while the pre works more like gain. bu turning up the post more does get nice breakup

yeah, i consider that a master volume.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i consider that a master volume.

OHHHH So I think I am going to get a used classic 30.
good choice

edit: id look at a tubescreamer to go with it too. ive heard clips of overderiven c30's with a ts in front and it was awesome

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣