Page 1 of 2
It seems like here in the states that everyone’s either depressed, obese or just a total loony bin. I swear, maybe I just live in a loser town, but it seems as if everyone’s popping Xanax and Zoloft, or starving themselves to death. What has this world come too? I wouldn’t be surprised if medicine cabinets across the country were overflowing.
Oh noes!
Drug companies are using the BDI for purposes that it wasn't originally made for, thus resulting in misconceptions of depression and people popping pills for no reason all in the name of profit.

It's frightening how much bull**** research and testing goes on.
And I just want to add that the suicide rates are skyrocketing. I could name at least six people who were hospitalized because of suicide attempts.
Oh noes!
Quote by xxtrigger
It seems like here in the states that everyone’s either depressed, obese or just a total loony bin. I swear, maybe I just live in a loser town, but it seems as if everyone’s popping Xanax and Zoloft, or starving themselves to death. What has this world come too? I wouldn’t be surprised if medicine cabinets across the country were overflowing.

A loony bin is where the loony people go.

... Right?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by guylee
no... you just live in a messed up town.

Word.
My God, it's full of stars!
It's because people can't deal with their own problems anymore.

I blame TV.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
That would suck to try to kill yourself and it not work.

well it might just be who you are hangging with cause my town is like that but there are more normal people than messed up. It just dosen't seem that way cause the messed up people stand out more.
!PRS Custom 24 ten top!
Ric 4001!!
Fender Cyclone 2
2x Harmony Acoustics
Goya 107 Range Master

Quote by x8blitzkid8x
people ruin metal like a7x.
Quote by xxtrigger

Yup,,,,,,,you live in a loser town it would seem,,,,,

really though,,,,I get tired of everyone thinking that the world is turning dystopian,,,, maybe if they'd stop complaining about it and realized what they do have it wouldn't suck so much
Quote by JamieB
A loony bin is where the loony people go.

... Right?

I thought that myself...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Kensai

I blame TV.

And The Pit.
Quote by ctb
And The Pit.

+1.

Penis threads are the devil!
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz
+1000

Penis threads are the devil!

There. Fixed your typo for you.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by rokket2005
Yup,,,,,,,you live in a loser town it would seem,,,,,

really though,,,,I get tired of everyone thinking that the world is turning dystopian,,,, maybe if they'd stop complaining about it and realized what they do have it wouldn't suck so much

Ha, I wouldn't be surprised. My county was rated number 7 on the list of most expensive place to live in the US so it makes sense everyone is insane.
Oh noes!
I agree i do not know many pill poppers though. I think the media ruined this generation like the whole be cool thing and follow the crowd and stuff, it ruins people. The education system isnt very good either, and some kids are just mean to others and stuff bullying etc. kids are messed up though i mean some kids have strict parents and fight with them, and theres lots of pressure and stuff, bush being in office makes things a lot worse to, and im not just blaming bush but the whole political system, there are good politicians but most of them are liars and cheats who only strive for personal gain, OR they came in good people but they were changed to be liars and cheats for whatever the reason. Just a lot of bad ****ing examples running around this country that people model themselves after and you wonder why there so ****ed up. Dont forget about those kids whose parents dont care and they have a lot of money, they **** things up a lot to. Theres lots of stuff....humanity is doomed, i wouldnt be surprised if humanity is almost dead by the end of the century.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by Kensai

I blame TV.

Seconded.
even bigger reason for me to go into pharmacy
I see no sign of fortress.
because back in the day, parents, teachers and generally any authority figure were allowed to beat the ****ing bejeezus outta kids when they got outta line.

nowadays, parents can go to court for spanking, and teachers can lose their job for yelling..

the "strict" non-discipline of these generations is staggering and is easily the reason for pill popping, violent, school shooting 14 year olds and and other BS wrong with this god damn era.

someone lights a fire, and instead of Juvy, they go to counselling to talk about their feelings. what about the feelings of the person who had their property burned to the ground?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
because back in the day, parents, teachers and generally any authority figure were allowed to beat the ****ing bejeezus outta kids when they got outta line.

nowadays, parents can go to court for spanking, and teachers can lose their job for yelling..

the "strict" non-discipline of these generations is staggering and is easily the reason for pill popping, violent, school shooting 14 year olds and and other BS wrong with this god damn era.

someone lights a fire, and instead of Juvy, they go to counselling to talk about their feelings. what about the feelings of the person who had their property burned to the ground?

+1000000000000000000000000000000 i was going to answer that but i lost my thoughts for a moment.....
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by xxtrigger

Welcome to Reality, bro'.
Welcome to the Over Dramatic 21st Century.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
*quickly flashes back to the A.D.D. episode of South park*

Watch how effective the treatment is on this child with A.D.D.

*Cuffs the side of the head*

"SIT DOWN AND STUDY"

*kid starts crying*

"SHUT UP AND STUDY"

*kid shuts up and studies*

XD
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by _Mayday_
Interesting thesis.

I know, it's just ORBTASTIC, isn't it?
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by Moggan13
Welcome to Reality, bro'.

Haha, I'm not a "bro" btw.
Oh noes!
Quote by xxtrigger
Haha, I'm not a "bro" btw.

So you're a Ho'?

One is confused.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
my Zoloft/Klonipin is prescribed to me for good ****ing reason. maybe you should be thankful you dont have to deal with a chemical imbalance and shut up
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by Kivarenn82

QFT

Screw political correctness, beating your children is the answer.

I don't mean savage, brutal, unreasonable beating. I mean, smack the kid on the back of the head when he swears. Whip him with a belt when he does something really bad. Don't buy him everything he wants, and make sure he somehow earns everything he does get.

Bring back the paddle in schools. A good public paddling will teach unruly kids a lesson.

Also, I believe our fast food culture is largely to blame for the "chemical imbalances" and other physical issues associated with mental problems. Maybe if everyone ate real food and got their daily required nutrition we wouldn't have everybody getting diagnosed with chemical imbalances and gland problems that end up being the scapegoats for bad behavior.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Last edited by Schneiderman at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
my Zoloft/Klonipin is prescribed to me for good ****ing reason. maybe you should be thankful you dont have to deal with a chemical imbalance and shut up

How do you know I don't have a chemical imbalance? Have I ever mentioned I did or I didn't?

I mean, you know what they say about people who assume...
Oh noes!
Quote by Schneiderman
QFT

Screw political correctness, beating your children is the answer.

I don't mean savage, brutal, unreasonable beating. I mean, smack the kid on the back of the head when he swears. Whip him with a belt when he does something really bad. Don't buy him everything he wants, and make sure he somehow earns everything he does get.

Bring back the paddle in schools. A good public paddling will teach unruly kids a lesson.

I 100% agree, my dad gave me a good smacking if i was bad and i don;t regret it. My childhood wasn't that bad i must admit.

I'm waiting patiently for the day that they bring back canes to schools.
Quote by xxtrigger
How do you know I don't have a chemical imbalance? Have I ever mentioned I did or I didn't?

I mean, you know what they say about people who assume...

how do you know that everyone around you that is depressed is just using as an excuse to pop pills?
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
how do you know that everyone around you that is depressed is just using as an excuse to pop pills?

When I said popping Zoloft or Xanax, I meant taking them, not abusing them. (However, a large precentage do)
Oh noes!
Quote by BottleOfSmoke

I've known an alarming number of people who complained to their parents of depression to obtain medication and sell it to other, equally pathetic people.

Am I saying real chemical problems don't exist? No, I'm saying that we are to quick to assume people have them, and are too willing to hand out pills to solve all of life's problems. When I have children I will be very, very reluctant to give them anything more than a Tylenol.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I don't take medicine, even when I'm sick. And I rarely ever drink or do drugs.

The human body is kind of important, I'd kill myself if anything ever happened to a single finger let alone a hand or my arm...
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
This generation is far more competitive than the ones before us. Here we are, in a country of equal opportunity, in a world that is meant to be civilized, and yet we cannot find in ourselves the empathy to stand one another up.

The education system is a disaster, and there is so much pressure to hide your feelings away that most kids end up completely whacked out of their mind from pent up anger, frustration, and confusion. My own sister had a child when she was 14, my other sister dropped out of high school, and all of her friends are alcoholics and junkies, and I have another sister who is 18 and met all of her friends in a hospital for mentally disturbed and anti-social kids (anti-social as in violent, drug-abusers / dealers, etc). Of which she was one, I will add. Though she's much better these days, if you care to know.

But this generation is not so different from the last one. There will still be a few strong that come out to lead the world. And I emphasize few.

I, personally, have had clinical depression, and I have borderline personality disorder .

Quote by Firenze
I don't take medicine, even when I'm sick. And I rarely ever drink or do drugs.

The human body is kind of important, I'd kill myself if anything ever happened to a single finger let alone a hand or my arm...

So you'd rather get rid of the whole thing rather than lose a tiny part of it?
Last edited by Mud Martian at Oct 18, 2007,
People don't have enough problems at my school. Everyone's an affluent douchey jock with way too much access to alchohol. Horrible people.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Benzodiazepines (Xanax is one of the strongest, diazepam (valium) is weaker) are scary ****ing drugs, the withdrawl is far worse than even that of heroin and other strong opioids I've heard and it can actually kill you.
Page 1 of 2