I have a Japanese strat from 1994-5. Does anybody have an idea what pickups came with it? Were they low or medium quality? What would be a good up-grade for them from Fender? I like everything from Hendrix to Pink Floyd to Santana to Led Zep and B. B. King. With that said there can't be one set up to cover it all. So how about a good compromise but with Blues sound most important.
Any aversions to hum-canceling pickups? Dimarzio has this based on the Area 59/61 series, which has received good reviews from Guitar World. You may want to try listening to the sound systems to get a vague idea on their characteristics (it's not as scientific as Seymour Duncan's series of tests unfortunately).
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Oct 18, 2007,
Maybe custom shop texas specials or 69's. Or you could consider SD pickups, or possibly fender 57/62s.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
what's your budget? what's your amp? what wood is the guitar body, neck and fretboard? does it have to be from fender? (hint: the answer to this one is: NO)

Where are you from? (affects prices)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm getting some strat pickups from rockmonkeyguitars.com. I've heard great things about them, and I'll let you know how they are when I get them soon.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.