I got myself an Ibanez GAX70 along with a Marshall G15R CD amp as my first equipment. To be honest I'm starting to be tired of the crap sound it gives me, but I was wondering what I should get first, a better amp or a better guitar. I play metal mostly(Children of Bodom) and some Metallica from back then when I started playing. From the reviews I read, the guitar itself isn't that bad. As for the amp let's be honest I heard crap about it. I just needed to know what I should get myself next to make me sound the closest to my style of play, a better guitar or a better amp.

I'll add, the biggest thing I hate is the "too clean" sound I get, and it does sound pretty low quality, such as if my sound was coming out of a can(from a french expression). My guess would be it's the amp. Leave comments.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by guitarbite.fire
def. an amp most of the sound come from an amp..get a tube amp if you can

Fixed

And yeah. New amp, which should ideally be valve, should be the first thing you look at.
Get a new Amp....a friend had a GAX before and he played it through Peavey amp and a digitech pedal all the time....
It sounded totally badass

If you want to spend a bit more get a Roland...I'm a big proprieter of the quality of Roland Amps
Rocking the free world one step at a time!
Look into a peavey. Maybe a valveking 212?

Either that or roland cube 20X.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Denthúl
Fixed

And yeah. New amp, which should ideally be valve, should be the first thing you look at.

well actually all the sound does come from the amp. its the tone what you meant I think...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
If the guitar didn't make any noise whatsoever, then there'd be nothing to amplify, so the amp wouldn't make a sound either

Buy I get what you mean
haha yeah I know, we should all be technical....haha. but yeah I guess its true..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground