I have a line 6 spider 3 amp, which is crap.

Im looking at buying a new amp, but havent really got a clue what im looking for to be honest.

I like to play stuff by Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Pantera etc.

Any reccomendations ?

Thanks
hmm...BECKYYY
Can a Laney VC-30 reach metallica & pantera territory?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
A Marshall DSL401 or Ashdown FA40, with an Ibanez TS-9 or Mazon OD808, would suit that range. You'd probably have to wait a bit to pay for the OD pedal, though, as those amps are about £300-400.
Quote by Yngwi3
hmm...BECKYYY
Can a Laney VC-30 reach metallica & pantera territory?

With a boost, yes, but literally only just. Boost needs to be maxed out, gain at 10, high gain input. Maybe a dual boost, but then, you may as well get a different amp.

EDIT: I am aware I am not becky
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Thanks fellas.

Trying to play anything distorted on the current amp i have got is embarrasing.
I got my jcm900 for £300. have a look around your local music stores and pawn shops, you'd be surprised at what you can find.

the JCM900 should be able to do those bands with a decent OD pedal (for the pantera and metallica, it does led zep easily on it's own).
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I got my jcm900 for £300. have a look around your local music stores and pawn shops, you'd be surprised at what you can find.

the JCM900 should be able to do those bands with a decent OD pedal (for the pantera and metallica, it does led zep easily on it's own).

Nice one mate, im from Liverpool myself.
Quote by gedzepefc
Nice one mate, im from Liverpool myself.

cool, I got mine from micro music on smithdown rd. I just wandered in one day when I happened to be thinking about buying a new amp.

I was like 'ah I've got nothin else to do, I'll just pop in' and there was the JCM.

If you actively go lookin around the music shops then you should be able to find something decent.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.