Quote by Adz2706
im thinking of buying a guitar with a speedloader trem? ive not really come across them before so i just wanted to ask whats your opinion on them??

heres the link to it >>> http://guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=06121115113918&guitars=

They seem nice, the only thing that worries me though is the fact that it's a lot harder to get strings for these things than it is to get them for a normal guitar.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
They seem nice, the only thing that worries me though is the fact that it's a lot harder to get strings for these things than it is to get them for a normal guitar.

It's not that hard imo. Our local guitar store is pretty small and I had no trouble getting double balls for my Steinberger. Getting them in the right gauge is somewhat of a trouble though.
That guitar looks pretty lame, make sure to check out the specs on it, including the body wood.

As far as the trem, they work great, and are super easy and fast to restring and tune.

Finding strings is EASY, they sell them on musiciansfriend.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
That guitar looks pretty lame, make sure to check out the specs on it, including the body wood.

As far as the trem, they work great, and are super easy and fast to restring and tune.

Finding strings is EASY, they sell them on musiciansfriend.

And given that he's linking from guitarguitar makes me think he lives in the U.K., meaning MF can't ship to him.

Anyway, I don't have a guitar that needs double ball ended strings, I just imagine that it can be difficult finding them, especially in smaller shops.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
And given that he's linking from guitarguitar makes me think he lives in the U.K., meaning MF can't ship to him.

Anyway, I don't have a guitar that needs double ball ended strings, I just imagine that it can be difficult finding them, especially in smaller shops.

http://www.floydrose.com/order.htm
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Quote by marius47
Don't there really isnt alot of string variety,get an original.

but im poor
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's no freaking way that's a real floyd, it's designed after it, but not the real deal. The real speedloader is a great trem and is basically just a more convenient version of the original, but those are MORE expensive than the original, and just the bridge itself is worth more than that entire guitar, which, quite frankly, is a piece of crap. You need to focus on getting a high quality guitar, not just an (arguably) cool looking one with a trem for the cheapest price you can find. There are very nice guitars with v shapes that have real floyds, but they start at around $700 and only go up from there.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
1fine69's car is bloody gorgeous.
Quote by 1fine69
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's no freaking way that's a real floyd, it's designed after it, but not the real deal. The real speedloader is a great trem and is basically just a more convenient version of the original, but those are MORE expensive than the original, and just the bridge itself is worth more than that entire guitar, which, quite frankly, is a piece of crap. You need to focus on getting a high quality guitar, not just an (arguably) cool looking one with a trem for the cheapest price you can find. There are very nice guitars with v shapes that have real floyds, but they start at around $700 and only go up from there.

The Floyd Rose Discovery Series is only $150, does that have a "fake" Floyd Rose as well?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

I never said all cheap guitars have fake floyds, or even that all fake floyds suck. I said THAT particular guitar is a ripoff because you're paying for the "cool shape" and the fact that it has a bridge that looks kind of like a speedloader, even if it had a real speedloader, the rest of the guitar is obviously very cheaply made. The threadstarter should look for a quality instrument made of good wood with good components, I suggest used shecter c-1 series, they may not be oddly shaped, but they are beautiful well built guitars that sound great and will last you a long time. You should be able to find one on ebay or at a store in good condition for around the price of the v you were looking at. I don't advise the cheaper models, go for a c-1 elite, plus, or classic and hellraiser if you don't mind spending a little more cash.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
1fine69's car is bloody gorgeous.