haerd it on the radio but not online.
any ways you guys think i could get a whammy, wah and tube screamer out of it?
Yeah right. They probably give you 4 FAB pedals. You know, the ones they sell at the counter for $10.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
no.

Kids these days

When they say 4 free pedals, that probably means they'll give you for completely shitty ones, although there is a possibility it's even more of a scam than that.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
OH shi-, are you serious? Is this nationwide, or just in select areas? I could get my guitar now, and how long is it lasting for?

lo true, Guitar Center is the Gamestop of guitars, they say buy one game, get one free, and it has to be how much the game you bought was... so a 20 buck game, 20 dollar free game...
They definately won't give you 4 premium pedals. They will probably give you just pedal casings with nothing in them.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
They definately won't give you 4 premium pedals. They will probably give you just pedal casings with nothing in them.

I lol'd
You never know...Guitar Center is like the Wal-Mart for guitarists, so they might be able to let 4 free good pedals go because they're so big of a company, and know that they will sell ASSLOADS of 200 dollar guitars to pay off for the 4 free pedals they give away.
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

Quote by shenanigans
You never know...Guitar Center is like the Wal-Mart for guitarists, so they might be able to let 4 free good pedals go because they're so big of a company, and know that they will sell ASSLOADS of 200 dollar guitars to pay off for the 4 free pedals they give away.

yeah except they wouldnt be leting go of just 4 pedals, it would be a lot of pedals, 4 for each person that buys a guitar over 199. so I dont think its true...at least not complitely
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by fifer
yeah except they wouldnt be leting go of just 4 pedals, it would be a lot of pedals, 4 for each person that buys a guitar over 199. so I dont think its true...at least not complitely

Probably like they deal that had last year "Buy a guitar over $500 and get an Epi Les Paul free" and it was an Epiphone LP Junior. I'm sure the pedals they give you are Dano fab pedals, or the pedals you pick can't be more then $50 or something. But you do have a point.
well, you know, from what I gather the FAB pedals can be pretty decent.......chorus and overdrive especially.....

Still, how long is this sale lasting? I'll be heading out to GC this weekend, if I can pick up a few pedals when I buy my guitar I'll be a very happy guy.
huh.....guess it'll just be a "see when I get there" sort of thing.....
Even a ****ty pedal is a pedal... Just max out the settings on it and you can make it sing. I'd say only go for it if you were already going to buy a guitar and the pedals are like "hey, cool, some pedals".

And if they really do blow, just spray paint them and hang them on your wall or turn them into art.
Current Rig:
Fender CS Eric Clapton Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Digitech Crossroads Pedal

In the stereo: The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
Quote by hippyskier
Even a ****ty pedal is a pedal... Just max out the settings on it and you can make it sing. I'd say only go for it if you were already going to buy a guitar and the pedals are like "hey, cool, some pedals".

And if they really do blow, just spray paint them and hang them on your wall or turn them into art.

Or obliterate them in the process of learning how to mod.
Quote by Serendipity
Or obliterate them in the process of learning how to mod.

True that. They say a sledgehammer can work wonders.
Current Rig:
Fender CS Eric Clapton Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Digitech Crossroads Pedal

In the stereo: The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
so, assuming this IS going on.......what do you think the limit would be? I mean, $15 FAB pedals are most likely, but think it could be anything else? maybe even exchange those 4 for 1 higher-quality one? How does GC usually work when it comes to this kind of stuff?
Call guitar center and ask for the guitar department. Ask the sales person what the limit is and ask him if you can instead get the pedals you want. It doesn't take more than a few min.

You never know what you will get. I got a schecter from guitar center a few months ago. I later heard that you get a free wireless system for your guitar and amp. So I went down with my receipt and got my free $100 wireless system. It's very nice and was better than I had originally expected.