I'm sure these threads like this happen way too often, so I'll cut right to the chase. I need to record guitar, bass, and drums and put them on garageband to make a CD. I'm okay at working with garageband, but I have no idea how I'll get the tracks on to my computer. My amps have output jacks, so I figure I'll use them somehow, but how would I? Some sort of cable that I plug into my computer? I've got no idea how I'll record the drums, though. If all else fails, I suppose I could just use the computer's mic, but I obviously want to avoid doing that.

Thanks in advance for any help
If I were you, I'd invest in a decent USB mic...I don't have much experience with them, but it sounds like that could be part of the answer to your problem...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ive got a chord thats got like a patch chord end at one and a usb end at the other. i got it at my local music store and i plug it into the back of my amp. works well enough for me

that's exactly what I'm looking for! what's it called?
Id suggest not using your computers mic, defineltty. I have a new MacBook and I record guitar tracks occasionaly using hte built in mic. They don't sound that great. Drums? Not on your life. They sound like broken cans. Id suggest for the drums, if you dont want to purchase a set of drum mics specifically for drums, and wish to purchase mics anyway for sue with say, guitar, that you invest in several mics, three or four. I foudn that setting a mic up in the bass drum, over the two mounted toms, one over the snare, and one above the whol set sounds reasonably good when recorded with garageband.

hope that helps, and good luck with your project
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Zoom G-FX3
Line 6 Spider III 75 Combo

Looking for a drummer and vocalist in Thunder Bay, ON

Member of the Fender Armada