ok this is 50% fantasy

50% ohmygodireallywantthis

im thinking, fender jazz bass body, with guitar neck, single humbucker in bridge

to make a kind of massive bodied guitar that looks freaky but cool also

has anyone done this ever?
you mean like a fender cyclone?
!PRS Custom 24 ten top!
Ric 4001!!
Fender Cyclone 2
2x Harmony Acoustics
Goya 107 Range Master

Quote by x8blitzkid8x
people ruin metal like a7x.
umm....kinda. its called a Jazzmaster or a Jaguar i think as well. Maybe a Mustang as well. i cant remember, but all of em have the offset waist of a Jazz body. All u need is a custom pickguard, and u should be set. itll look awesome i think.
technically speaking.... The way the bass fretboard is divided is not the same way as the guitar body. This means that the exponential decrease of the length of frets as u go higher in notes is not the same as the exponential decrease for the guitar neck which means u would be playing notes not recognized by our Western music scale of 7 notes (excluding flats/sharps)

IN OTHER WORDS, no I don't think it is possible and I don't advise u to do it. U'ld prolly be wasting ur time...
beautiful long words!

i dont think you're quite getting me though

i want the masssive-ness of the bass body

but i want a guitar neck on it

not a bass neck

so the intonation should work out fine

if the bridge is also in the correct place

the scale length should be the same right?

thanks for the interest so far btw!
Not unless you build one yourself and move the bridge to the right place, or take a existing body and remove the bridge and set it so it's good for guitar and fill the holes of the old bridge.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
The bass neck heel is alot larger than that of a guitar. If you were to mount the guitar neck to a bass body, there would be a huge gap. Not to mention that the bridge would be way too far down.

It's nowhere near an easy replacement, but you could buy a guitar neck, all the hardware, a jazz bass blueprint, and a decent chunk of wood and make it yourself.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
If you're awful at woodworking, I'd suggest Not making the pocket yourself. It'd prolly be easier to cut some wood shims and wedge 'em in the pocket on each side of the neck, though you'd still need to watch the measurements.
If you're not good at woodwork, I'd recommend not doing the neck pocket. You can get a blank peice of wood that's just routed for the neck and pickups.
http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/bodies/bodyblanks.cfm
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club