hi

i started playing bass 2day....ive been playing guitar for 3 years so im used to it already its kinda easy

i just need some songs names that i could play along that have nice bass lines

im into alot of stuff except jazz and death metal emo hardcore(the fake nu hardcore not the old school hardcore like black flag and such)

thanks
There's a huge thread with different songs and difficulty level. Maybe you will find something there.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
And TS, just because you've been playing guitar for 3 years prior, don't fall into the trap that bass is easy. It requires completely different physical and musical skills.

He speaks the truth. When you hold a bass in your hands, you are a bass player, and you have to fill the role a bass player does.

When you hold a guitar in your hands, you are a guitarist, and must fulfil the role a guitarist does.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11098567

This should be required reading for all guitarists who are going from guitar to bass. Lots of great info.

Also probably the most intelligent post by a newbie bass player who was a guitarist I've seen in the past year or so.
Quote by milton847

im into death metal emo hardcore

uhh wtf?
haha
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
If bass is "kinda easy" after a day.

You're doing it wrong.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
*reported*

We don't appreciate that kind of attitude in the bass forum.

I really don't think he's giving an attitude hahaha.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by sammcl-15
If bass is "kinda easy" after a day.

You're doing it wrong.

Agreed. It definitely takes much more than a day to grasp the concept.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
I really don't think he's giving an attitude hahaha.

Yeah I think he was pointing out his confusion over the lack of commas. It sounded like one genre to him instead of 3.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i am in agreement with theFitz comment

on the other hand, you must remeber that a bassists isnt as easy as you think it is, and if you wish to become a really great bassists or a musician for that matter, listen to all kinds of music. Dont limit yourself to just a couple different music types. By exploring all music has, you can learn new technieques and other music related things, and it builds a good base of music knowledge for you to become a really good bassists.
This statement is false.
hopefully your not already the guitarist all bass players hate who think the bass should be turned down and root note thum back by the drummer ect ect.... but if you are really start paying attention to the bassliens in songs and you will grasp a new appreciation for the bass and the skill required to be a bassist......... even if you do already appreciate and undersatand iut after you play for a while you will look at bass players in a whole new way

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Last edited by Narcotics at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by thefitz
Yeah I think he was pointing out his confusion over the lack of commas. It sounded like one genre to him instead of 3.

oh! it was 3? hahaha yeah dude you were right I thought it was all 1

sorry man
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.