I recently changed the strings on my Jackson DK2M (with a double locking Jackson licensed Floyd Rose) for the first time since I bought it. It came with 9's and I replaced them with 10's. I had no problem getting them on and in tune etc but there is one thing. The B string doesn't ring out as clearly as the others and is also more difficult to bend than the other strings, with more force needed. It also doesn't have as much sustain as the other strings.

The bridge isnt exactly 100% parallel to the body, but it's only out by maybe 5 to 10 or so degrees. The screws behind the pickups (next to the springs) have been tightened, and I can't seem to get them any tighter. The guitar stays in tune and such no problem, even with some whammy abuse, but that damn B string just isn't right.

Anyone know what I can do?
adjust the spring tension. tighten the springs in the back cavity to counteract the spring tension on the bridge.
Quote by qotsa1998
adjust the spring tension. tighten the springs in the back cavity to counteract the spring tension on the bridge.

Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
The screws behind the pickups (next to the springs) have been tightened, and I can't seem to get them any tighter.

Seriously, I feel like I'm going to burst a damn blood vessel if I try any harder.
You might need to add another sprig. After a while springs stretch and you need to add more springs for tension, or replace them.
OK, so I added a 4th spring, which solved the problem of the floating bridge and the stupid B string.

HOWEVER, now I have a new problem. The A string buzzes whenever I play it hard. Not too hard, just a little harder than general. I've played about with the action, but the problem seems to persist. What the hells wrong now?
You almost always have some fret buzz, unless you have a bloody good guitar.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
Does it buzz specifically in one spot or at every fret?

Maybe just restringing that string would work.
Im going to have to say its either
Your action is too low
or you have something wacky at locks on ur nuts or near the saddle something is messed, and buzzing
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Sounds like it needs set up. Raisr the trem. .10s are thicker and thus closer to the frets. simple logic. It also we be harder as to bend as then tension would be higher.