Alright, well, there's a TON of cables out there, and i'm not sure which to get..anyone got a suggestion? And, you don't need a certain type of cable for pedals do you? except they need to be short...Or do they

the pedals will use the same type of cables guitars do, they make them in patch cables which have 2 angled ends for tighter fits.

I like Monster as most people do, if you can afford them, they add almost no noise, have a lifetime guarantee, and the guarante is never really used because they dont break easy. If you buy from Guitar Center you can bring the broken cable to the store and they replace it 95% of the time (unless you cut it yourself) other stores do this, you just have to ask for their policy.

the only problem I have with monster is the price, 12ft is like $40, but its worth it IMO.
I've always used generic musicians friend cables haha

Never had a problem with them once
The big things to consider with cables are length (buy them as short as you need them, cos otherwise you're spending money on wire you aren't using), capacitance (low capacitance = better tone and less tone suck), durability (duh ), and price. I tend to just buy whatever the sales guy at my local store says is good, but George L's cables are apparently really good for all the things I mentioned above. You can buy the cable, cut it to whatever length you like, then solder on a jack or attach one of their special no-solder thingies.
george L's a good buy, just don't use the solderless plugs. they suck. but yeah, it pays to learn how to solder your own cable ends. especially if you're building a pedal board so you can cut them precisely to length. more cable = less tone.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Monster cables are good but I've had problems with mine lately. The connectors are quite fragile. Excellent sounding cables though

George L cables are great too as are Planet Waves and DiMarzio cables.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I have a Die Hard cable that's pretty good and cheap, never had a problem with it
Another thing that's very important to me is how it fits your input jack. I have a planet waves cable in my RG that falls of if I move to much. I haven't got the same problem with my Epiphone though.
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
Quote by tabs aint cats
Another thing that's very important to me is how it fits your input jack. I have a planet waves cable in my RG that falls of if I move to much. I haven't got the same problem with my Epiphone though.

Most likely the guitar, not the cable. The sizes of the plugs are pretty much all the same.
I've had these rather inexpensive cables made by Horizons (I think?) that I've had for maybe 7 months with rather rough use (being stepped on, tossed, tugged, etc.) without any issues. They're supposed to have a lifetime warranty on them as well. Another nice thing, is the plugs are soldered on, so I guess if I ever have a problem with the plug itself, I can fix it on my own. My only issue is the piece that covers the soldered points doesn't like to stay screwed on tight, and now and then I'll just have to screw it tight. It only slid completely off once.

I have a Monster cable that I got for free with my last guitar, but I haven't used it since I got it, and I'm basically hanging onto it until one of my other cables breaks.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."