why are you so hellbent on a sig guitar?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Yeah i mean there are plenty guitars that are better.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Eh. I'd say just buy a cheaper guitar and throw those pickups in there.

What the hell is with everyone's recent obsession with the freakin' Alexi 600?

It's a $1000 guitar with an OFR and one ****ty pickup that A) Alexi doesn't play anymore and B) Only played with an active gain boost that doesn't come with the guitar.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
main difference between those is whether you want a floyd rose or not, and whether you want one pickup or 2
love that guitar. too expensive though
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by FacingUsAll
Eh. I'd say just buy a cheaper guitar and throw those pickups in there.

What the hell is with everyone's recent obsession with the freakin' Alexi 600?

It's a $1000 guitar with an OFR and one ****ty pickup that A) Alexi doesn't play anymore and B) Only played with an active gain boost that doesn't come with the guitar.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced.

Yeah he had an afterburner installed on his.Besides, it doesnt even look like his actual guitar. He plays an ESP that isnt even sold in the U.S.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Well its not that im hellbent on a sig guitar. I like Flying V's, I really like all the features of the two guitars mentioned. Ebony fretboard, Decent wood, Nice Hardware. If you could recommend me a V that wouldnt classify me as a FANBOY SIGNATURE WH0RE, with those features, that wouldnt require any work I.E. pickup changes ect. i will gladly consider.
I say buy the one you like but i think the alexi is better because i don't like dave mustain.
And Alexi is a cool dude hahahahaha
My Gear
B.C. Rich Virgin N.J.
B.C. Rich Warlock N.J.
B.C. Rich Beast I.T.
Epiphone Goth Explorer
Stagg HK-300 (my first electric guitar)
Stagg Semi Acoustic
2 Spanish Guitars
Boss MT-2
Boss ME-50
Marshall 15 watt amp
How badly do you want a trem?

If you don't want one...

LTD V-500.

What amp do you have?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by The_Rooster
Well its not that im hellbent on a sig guitar. I like Flying V's, I really like all the features of the two guitars mentioned. Ebony fretboard, Decent wood, Nice Hardware. If you could recommend me a V that wouldnt classify me as a FANBOY SIGNATURE WH0RE, with those features, that wouldnt require any work I.E. pickup changes ect. i will gladly consider.

Ironically i'm gonna suggest something like a jackson RR, although i'v heard ibanez makes some good quality V's (ugly as hell imo)
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Dude i've played both guitars i have the Dave Mustaine Dean Sig dude, and the other guitarist in my band has the Alexi.. I'd go for the Dean=D=D even the other guitarist likes it more then his:P Go for Dean
alexi. the 1 pickup thing aint that of a problem. EVH played awesome sh*t and had a nice tone with only one pickup
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
alexi. the 1 pickup thing aint that of a problem. EVH played awesome sh*t and had a nice tone with only one pickup

1) He's not EVH.
2) He doesn't have EVH's gear.
3) The argument that "Oh this guy does fine with one pickup" doesn't make sense because if pros ever write anything that requires a different tone, they just buy another guitar. Your average joe just can't buy a new guitar for every new tone that he wants; IE you want your guitars to be as versatile as possible.
Quote by utsapp89
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by FacingUsAll
1) He's not EVH.
2) He doesn't have EVH's gear.
3) The argument that "Oh this guy does fine with one pickup" doesn't make sense because if pros ever write anything that requires a different tone, they just buy another guitar. Your average joe just can't buy a new guitar for every new tone that he wants; IE you wan't your guitars to be as versatile as possible.

you owned me
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
you owned me

Quote by utsapp89
Meh, if you like the Mustaine sig, go look for his earlier ESP model. The DV8-R. Much better than the Dean.
Be cool.
Yeah i thats pretty much the only thing that keeps me from the alexi. 1 Pickup. But i do like the floyd rose. Im leaning more toward the alexi. I only got about a 1000usd to spend. I have a B52- AT-100 HalfStack for an amp. Obviously i like metal. I already have a EPI Lp standard and a washburn dime v. Im looking for something that would be more or less my main gigging guitar. Something nice.
Why don't you customize your own Carvin?

It'd be a far higher quality guitar .
Quote by utsapp89
If i customize a carvin would it take long for me to get it? I mean if they have to more or less build it wouldnt it take a while for me to get it? I was hoping to get a new guitar no later than january
Order now and you'll get it by then methinks .
Quote by utsapp89
I think i just might do that. But lookin at thier pickup selection i cant tell the difference does anyone have descriptions of thier pickups?
If you can pull up another $200, I think that this would be a much better choice than either of them, if you like the looks.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by The_Rooster
I think i just might do that. But lookin at thier pickup selection i cant tell the difference does anyone have descriptions of thier pickups?

KaPow!

Quote by utsapp89
Instead of that Alexi LTD, why not a Jackson RR24 Rhoads?
Thanks but no thanks on the dimebag dean that headstock is exactly like the washburn ive got, huge and ugly. Cheers for the pickup link! I'm still open to opinions. I'll also check out the jackson rr24, does it have fretboard binding?
Last edited by The_Rooster at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by FacingUsAll
Why don't you customize your own Carvin?

It'd be a far higher quality guitar .

Took the words right out of my mouth! Carvin builds great stuff.

Agile also has a sweet looking V shaped guitar, I believe its about $550. www.rondomusic.net
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio