depends on which one. most are good. but looking at your sig. dont buy one because you will think it sucks because of that horrid amp you have
yup. I love the small stone phaser pedal. I just got me the Deluxe memory man. So, that's just to name a few. The stereo MM with Hazarai is a sweet digital delay itself.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by Swat Man
depends on which one. most are good. but looking at your sig. dont buy one because you will think it sucks because of that horrid amp you have

ok im going to ignore ur hating on line 6, but erm, did u happen to notice that nice tube amp? yea, its from 1957, did i mention that it freaking rocks? o yes my friend, it is a beast. its got that vintage tube niceness that i havent heard from any other modern amps. so woot.

the pedals are for the tube amp btw
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
i think the Edge uses or has used a Memory Man in the past. And the Muff pedals are great for almost anything. Some of em are pretty expensive tho, kinda like the POG, or polyphonic Octave Generator. If u listen to Blue Orchid by the White Stripes, thats what it sounds like. seems like an awesome effect, but its about $325. Id get a Big Muff Pi and a Small Stone Phaser, maybe a Memory Man if u can afford it.
Electro-harmonix metal muff with top boost.

Makes anything sound decent but you should get a new amp. I'm a spider III 75W-er.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Originally Posted by Swat Man

I love how people make fun of someone elses equipment....if you hate on someones equipment...means you really can't play anyways. Thats been my experience as a guitar player over the years. I know a guy that has about $20, 000 dollars worth of "vintage" and collectable equip and he cant play a lick....awesome dude!
im not making fun of his equipment wicked.. but everyone knows that:
1. everyone who buys a spider returns it within a year and apologizes on UG for buying it

2. doesnt take pedals well..

not judging him. just didnt want him to be disappointed when he bought a pedal to use on the spyder. but now i see hes using it on a tube amp so its all good
Quote by Swat Man
im not making fun of his equipment wicked.. but everyone knows that:
1. everyone who buys a spider returns it within a year and apologizes on UG for buying it

2. doesnt take pedals well..

Ok for my answer number 1: I lvoe ym spider III, its a 150watt, so it has two speakers, despite what everyone on here says, if you just play around with ti, you can get soem rpetty freakign awesome settings, i played it at my school pep rally at very high volumes it sounds amazing, i play it in my basement, it sounds amazing, yea i lvoe my tube amp's cleans and all, but ti still cant replace my spider.

Edit: hehe lots of typos
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
btw if you read my answer to number 2, ignore it, thats why i deleted it i didnt see what you had said
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
for some reason i cant seem to come up with the 2 grand or so it takes to whittle away on a tube amp.....well one that doesnt sound all muddy n crap.....Mesas suck the big one IMHO....or mine did...i played through a couple of Marshall tubies that sounded muddy too...and yeah with "nice guitars" and good pickups....but maybe its just me...i like 300 watt Randall solid state heads........punchy!...the anti mud!!!!...i own a 120 watter but use my cousins 300 watter also...RANDALL baby!..cant go wrong!
Im getting the small clone for chirstmas, and it has a really nice sound.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
well, for one, modelling amps dont particularly take well too OD or Distortion pedals. modulation pedals or wah's, on the other hand, they might be able to handle.

i mean, sure, you can put OD/Dist pedals on a modeler, but imo, it wont sound as good as putting it through a tube amp. (ive tried this, so i know. vox ad15vt+OCD=not good). imo, the pedal's full potential wont be realized.

also, please check THIS THREAD for more answers to your EHX questions.

also, on the tube amp being muddy thing, rolling off the volume on an overdriven amp does lots of wonders to clear up your playing, and so does picking attack. although yes, how much your gear is does not equate to how well you play.
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
Quote by glaz31
well, for one, modelling amps dont particularly take well too OD or Distortion pedals. modulation pedals or wah's, on the other hand, they might be able to handle.

i mean, sure, you can put OD/Dist pedals on a modeler, but imo, it wont sound as good as putting it through a tube amp. (ive tried this, so i know. vox ad15vt+OCD=not good). imo, the pedal's full potential wont be realized.

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS FOR THE TUBE AMP!!! DUH I WOULDNT PUT IT ON A MODELING AMP!!! anyways thanks for the advice, im jsut frustrated cause i have already said at least once or twice that i dont want to put pedals on my line 6! its for the silvertone! and its nto rly overdrive i want at this point, i want a reverb pedal and probly an EQ pedal cause my tube amp is so old it doesn thave it built in
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
i see. im sorry i wasnt able to get that earlier.

anyways, try looking for a graphic fuzz (i know youre not looking for an OD-type pedal right now, but you might be someday, and samples sound good from this) or a holy grail. and again, the people in the ehx thread will be able to help you a lot on these things.
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
I always love the sound of EHX pedals, to me they are the best sounding of all brands. BUT they are not the most durable. I've thrown away several after a couple of years. I did buy a Holy Grail, close enough to spring reverb that its very hard to tell the difference. Paid $99 new. I would get some feedback on how reliable they are in general nowadays. You may want to get some as they sound great, but unless things have changed quality wise I wouldn't ordinarily be inclined to pay more than about $75 for one. I made an exception for the HG as I was desperate for reverb, so far 6 months and no problems.
Quote by guitarrocka205
yup. I love the small stone phaser pedal. I just got me the Deluxe memory man. So, that's just to name a few. The stereo MM with Hazarai is a sweet digital delay itself.

^ how much money at a store?
EHX are some good quality pedals. Big muff is good, and so the holy grail reverb is NEEDED if you your amp doesn't have reverb. But keep in mind that they aren't boutique pedals, so they might not have all of the features you want.