I have a Squier Affinity Strat, its a great guitar i like the neck except it could be a little wider. THat aside, ive considered doing modifications to it such as new finish, new tuners, new electronics and new pickups...but everyone ive asked about it has said its not worth it. IS it not worth it? ill be getting a new LP soon and then after that id like to try my hand at modifications and refinishing.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
yea id say so. Some are routed HSH, so its seems to be built to be a modding/customizing guitar. As long as u replace all the hardware and most of the electronics, it should be great.
New pickups alone are going to completely change your guitar's sound for the better. If you go the whole 9 yards and put in new tuners, a new bridge and tail piece, new electronics and repaint it, I can guarantee you you will have a completely different guitar. It feels very good to hold in your hands something that you can claim as yours, made by your hands with your sweat and blood in it, and not something you got in exchange for money.

Not to mention that all this will give you valuable experience in modding a guitar and if you do **** up, you havn't lost much. Just buy cheap parts.
It's not worth trying to turn it into a 'serious' guitar, since the actual wood itself is very poor quality. By all means use it as a project guitar and mess about with it, but don't spend a fortune on decent pickups and hardware when you're getting a new guitar anyway!

Don't let me put ya off though - have a go at refinishing it, and maybe customise it with some cheap parts. It's a laugh and gives you some experience if you need to repair or modify guitars in the future...I've got an old Yamaha and also a Squier lying around for testing out new techniques, and it's a pretty useful way to learn without the fear of f**king up your main axe.
It is worth it for the experience alone,
and if it turns out you have a knack for it then youve improved you squire aswell =D
better to learn lessons now that screw up your LP
I Love Oreos, And im English =D
Quote by Conica
It is worth it for the experience alone,
and if it turns out you have a knack for it then youve improved you squire aswell =D
better to learn lessons now that screw up your LP

Exactly what I was gonna say.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab