I can't get along with PRS guitars at all. Their scale length feels funny and unnatural. Their sound is pretty much pure, compressed mids, and overall I have no positive experiences with them...

..but they are so damn sexy. Why must they be so cruel to me? Get my hopes up going into a store only to have them torn down again.
what model is it ?

if its a USA one, i'll be suprised.

If its the SE model....then your a moron.
If you like their looks but not their sound and playability, maybe you should try a Carvin.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by Dirk Gently
Which ones have you tried? And with what amps?

Custom 24, Custom 22, McCarty, and a high end Singlecut with a trem, the name I cant remember. I've also tried a fair bit of their SE line, but I'm not really basing my conclusions off of those.

Amp wise, what do you think I am? I try everything through my favourite amps in the store - AC30, Fender Bassman, Mesa Boogie Stillettos, Lonestar, and a Recto. Also, usually a Bogner XTC if one is in (they are often, but go very fast).
your the only person i ever read up on, or heard to dislike PRS guitars after playing one. Maybe the problem is with you.
^ Stop being a condescending prick.

I can understand your impression of the Custom 22 and 24. I'm really surprised you felt the McCarty had compressed mids. IMO, they have the fattest sound of any PRS pickup. As far as the scale length issue, going between my Strat and my PRS, I don't really notice a difference other than my hands recognize that they feel "different." But whatever. Different strokes for different brushes. As previously mentioned, there are a lot of PRS clones out there.
Hi, I'm Peter
Then don't buy one?

There are plenty of guitars in that price range to spend your money on.

Quote by PerpetualBurn
If you like their looks but not their sound and playability, maybe you should try a Carvin.

I'd say try a Carvin anyway .

Quote by DieKrupps
your the only person i ever read up on, or heard to dislike PRS guitars after playing one. Maybe the problem is with you.

I don't particularly like most PRS guitars either.

Everyone has their own preferences.

Chalk me up as number two .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by DieKrupps

I don't like PRS, and have said so a number of times on these forums. I don't hate them, but goddam they are overrated, and the scale length is really ackward feeling. They try and fail to be a combination between Gibson and Fender, and for the price of a PRS Custom, you can buy a Gibson and a Fender.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
I don't like PRS, and have said so a number of times on these forums. I don't hate them, but goddam they are overrated, and the scale length is really ackward feeling. They try and fail to be a combination between Gibson and Fender, and for the price of a PRS Custom, you can buy a Gibson and a Fender.

belive it or not......not every PRS has the same scale length.
^ yeh i agree...

who in the whole world of everythign holy buys a guitar for $4,000 they dislike .....what a bell end.
i have noticed they have compressed sounds also. i dont like their scales either.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by kaossurge
TS, my friend said the same thing... he has a $4k PRS and hates it.

That completely obliterates any stupid purchases I've ever made. How the hell do you spend that kind of money on something you weren't ABSOLUTELY SURE you ABSOLUTLEY LOVED?
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ Stop being a condescending prick.

I can understand your impression of the Custom 22 and 24. I'm really surprised you felt the McCarty had compressed mids. IMO, they have the fattest sound of any PRS pickup. As far as the scale length issue, going between my Strat and my PRS, I don't really notice a difference other than my hands recognize that they feel "different." But whatever. Different strokes for different brushes. As previously mentioned, there are a lot of PRS clones out there.

Wait, whoa, was the condescending prick thing to me? If so, I'm sorry.. I didn't intend it to sound condescending.

The McCarty, I must admit, was a few steps beyond the others. I enjoyed it the most of all of them, but it still just wasn't quite -there. I would like to try their new short scale ones to be honest.
Quote by TimmyPage06
Wait, whoa, was the condescending prick thing to me? If so, I'm sorry.. I didn't intend it to sound condescending.

Quote by DieKrupps

It was aimed at that guy.

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
no man, just from placing it in context, that wasn't directed at you.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by TimmyPage06

The McCarty, I must admit, was a few steps beyond the others. I enjoyed it the most of all of them, but it still just wasn't quite -there. I would like to try their new short scale ones to be honest.

No, it wasn't directed at you. And have you tried the Archtop?
Hi, I'm Peter
Now tell me this isn't a sexy one

Just messing with you....

I'm a huge fan of PRS....all their guitars feel PERFECT to me! But that's the point, isn't it? There's so much selection so we can each find what we prefer.

Also, the longer I have my singlecut, the more I'm disliking the stock pups. Maybe a pup swap would help you out. I've always thought their choice in tone wood was superb....
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ Stop being a condescending prick..

was that aimed at me then ? huh
Quote by dysfnktnl

FTW!!!!

Wierd quilt/flame :/
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Because you were being a condescending prick, I'm guessing.

Quote by utsapp89
Well, I suppose It's all about personal preference. You don't like the way they feel or sound, and I love them like any other. But that's the reason for those guitars you can get nowadays; there's a gutiar for everyone, isn't it?
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
i personally don't really like the feel of a PRS (im a gibson man myself) im so used to the weight of my LP that i always feel awkward when playing a lightweight guitar. but PRS is still a fantastic instrument. excellent quality
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless