Page 1 of 5
This event needs its own thread, especially with all the news about reunited bands and the like.

wacken.com

Confirmed as of 11-18-07

At the Gates (reunited!)
Avantasia
Axxis
Carcass (Reunited!)
Children of Bodom
Crematory
Dream of an Opium Eater
Excrementory Grind****ers (lol)
Hatebreed (every festival needs a clunker)
Iron Maiden (Headlining, of course!)
Lord Belial
Killswitch Engage
Kreator
Krypteria
Saltatio Mortis
Sonata Arctica
The Bones (didn't think they were Wacken material... will be interesting)

So, who is going?
Thoughts/hopes about the lineup?
etc...

Naturally being a poor American teenager, the chances of me attending will be ultra-slim to none, but hey, i still have hope that in a few years the fest will be a kickass as it looks to be in 08.

discuss.
Last edited by Mr. President at Nov 18, 2007,
theres a chance i might get to go
i need 2000 dollars
but theres a chance
i'm gonna save up....at the gates reuniting? i'm gonna try my hardest to be there, but being a poor canadian teenager is gonna be hard
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
better come round the east coast
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
They always seem to choose one dumb band to play it every year. Last year was Bullet for my valentine (if i remember correctly), now its Hatebreed, lets hope they pull out as well!

But other then that, the line-up looks pretty sweet, too bad im a poor Australian boy (as long i see Amon Amarth in January, im happy!)
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
this is why i wanna live in europe
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
We should set up a UG Wacken group. Anyone else going? Would be sweet to meet up.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by JC13
Opeth is going on tour in North America with Dream Theater in 08.
omgsplooge

I'd love to go to Wacken. i know there's no way in hell I'd ever end up going though. I'd absolutely love to see most of those bands... Sonata and Kreator more than the others, mind you.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
I would love to Wacken, only if Blind Guardian plays. I know for sure Blind Guardian is sure to do another Open-Air concert, and when it happens, I'm buying first class tickets to Germany. Till then, I must starve and save up money.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
This year is looking awesome, but I know I can't go because I went earlier (the only way I managed to pull it off was cuz it was part of a broader family vacation: I live near San Francisco). However, I'm getting a job soon and me and a close friend of mine have a plan (budgeted and everything) to go when we graduate, as part of three week metal-vacation, with at least two festivals and lots of delicious European beer. It'll be in 2010.
Booking mah ticket next Friday.

Shibbeeee.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Hopefully going. I'll wait a month or so to see what other bands are being booked. As much as I want to see Maiden and Carcass, 2 bands are not worth all that money.

And Hatebreed are actually pretty amazing live. I enjoyed their show with not knowing one song than COB's show, with knowing half the set.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I'll be working my ass off and saving all my money to go. ****ing Carcass and At the Gates reuniting, can't miss it.
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
It's not a particularly appealing lineup to me yet, with the exception of the two reuniting bands.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
We should set up a UG Wacken group. Anyone else going? Would be sweet to meet up.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/wacken08/
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
Quote by dead-fish
Hopefully going. I'll wait a month or so to see what other bands are being booked. As much as I want to see Maiden and Carcass, 2 bands are not worth all that money.

And Hatebreed are actually pretty amazing live. I enjoyed their show with not knowing one song than COB's show, with knowing half the set.

I was very surprised when I saw Hatebreed because they put on a great show.

I really wish I could go but it's just too much money.

I'll have a bourbon.
ATG and Carcass would be amazing too see but other than that it's nothing special.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I wish I could go, but there is no way my parents are letting me go to Germany and I don't have enough money to go. Man, Carcass, Bodom, Kreator, At the Gates, and Maiden at the same festival. That would be so kickass to go.
This lineup lacks zazz
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
IN the TOWN OF WACKEN.... search it on WIki...
I swear hatebreed aren't that bad.... better than BFMV like someone mentioned above. but i'll settle for Amon Amarth and Behemoth(maybe)
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
I'm going. It's right at the end of a holiday we are planning with some friends. Get the **** in.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Guys, quick question: Just about to buy my Wacken ticket, whats the best method? Online, or by phone? Is it reliable?
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by Butt Rayge

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
some one through a fist full of mud at hatebreed for me.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Kreator and Carcass? **** YEAH!!!!!! I'll be there.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Guys, seriously... buying the ticket now! How do you order online?
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by Butt Rayge

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
^If you go to the Wacken site they link you to the best place to buy the ticket.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
^+1
they send the ticket pretty fast after ordering too and good overall service imo
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
Page 1 of 5