Really make a tone? I'm jsut wondering, since I jsut got some generic musiciansfriend strings for my neighbor's guitar, but got some slinky's for my new one coming.
Between D'addario and Ernie Ball? i pick Elixir.
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
Its all preference. They can have minor effect on your tone though. Not much but enough to notice it. I prefer DRs due to the fact they last longest of any non coated I've used and feel the best to me.
I've noticed a huge difference...Ernie Ball i find are good for punch and distortion, but the GHS boomers I use now are very good for bass and sustain and blues.

But honestly, the way I play, I'm looking for more durability with all the bends and how much I sweat than I am for tone. And GHS has a good amount of both durability and tone.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
ernie balls tone fades fast in my opinion, i personally use DR .10 and .11 gauges, great tone that lasts awhile.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
I like D'addarios. They sound good and seem to hold tune better than any other string brand.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
I like Ernies and D'arddios. The only thing about Ernies is that they wear out pretty fast. I like GHS Boomers too.
Quote by pavel
Between D'addario and Ernie Ball? i pick Elixir.

And of course strings create tone, for what the kind of tone would you have without strings. Dumb question really.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
^where you from in BC?

I personally like D'addario strings. I like the sound, and they keep tuned.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Sendrith
^where you from in BC?

I personally like D'addario strings. I like the sound, and they keep tuned.

From Campbell River-ish, a little town just south of it.

I'm going to Van tomorrow to go see Ozzy though, maybe ill see you in Tom Lees!
\,,/_[><]_\,,/