I want to start recording with good quality (I can spend some cash).

So I need to find a cheap yet good quality Sound Card. I was looking at this:

Click

It has a good price, plus it also has the hardware. Any opinions or suggestions?

I should be using this for pretty much everything so I want it to be quite versatile.
i was advised by a sound engineer to get this audio interface http://www.thomann.de/gb/maudio_firewire_solo.htm

i havnt got it yet but heard one in action and its really good, does your computer/laptop have a firewire port?
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
189 euro is around 200 dollars, this thing is worth every penny

check if you have a firewire port, heres a pic http://public.online.ksu.edu/support/kyc/images/laptop/firewire.jpg
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
well i dont know too much about any other interfaces sorry, do you have firewire?
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Both the interfaces suggested in here are good starts. The toneport even has a real fanboy on this site (you know who you are ). However, if you're looking for a versatile interface then I'd suggest an M-Audio Delta 1010. Not the 1010LT, the 1010. It's out of your price range $400, but it's worth it. It's nothing but a top-quality audio interface. No preamps or anything, just 8 inputs/outputs, MIDI in/out, and S/PDIF.

This is the ideal solution for versatility. You can start with one of these and add as many as you could possibly need if your studio grows. This way, you get 8+ simultaneous audio inputs without any gimmicky onboard preamps.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Alexander_BR
Crap, turns out I don't a firewire port. Though would it be possible to get a USB to Firewire converter?

no firewire is a faster type of usb, converting it to usb wouldnt be good at all
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
I have a SoundBlaster X-Fi (I paid a bit over 300 bucks)...and sounds amazing...it has 1/4 inch inputs (right? guitar chords are 1/4 inch?) and separate volume knobs for input and output...so you can turn down the recording input volume so you lose the distortion (and clipping), but still hear the playback LOUD...the recording program I use is Adobe Audtion v1.5 because I can't get v2.0 to work...well the crack won't work for me, ha....and it is so easy to use and it makes fairly good quality....and if you're gonna go thru mic (I don't recommend this, but it's kinda a must for drums, unless you're doing an electic kit) to record live...go out and get yourself a Sure SM58 microphone (roughly 200 bucks) and they're amazing for vocals.
Quote by Angelfix
I have a SoundBlaster X-Fi (I paid a bit over 300 bucks)...and sounds amazing...it has 1/4 inch inputs (right? guitar chords are 1/4 inch?) and separate volume knobs for input and output...so you can turn down the recording input volume so you lose the distortion (and clipping), but still hear the playback LOUD...the recording program I use is Adobe Audtion v1.5 because I can't get v2.0 to work...well the crack won't work for me, ha....and it is so easy to use and it makes fairly good quality....and if you're gonna go thru mic (I don't recommend this, but it's kinda a must for drums, unless you're doing an electic kit) to record live...go out and get yourself a Sure SM58 microphone (roughly 200 bucks) and they're amazing for vocals.

Expensiveness...

Anyway, so far the Line 6 toneport seems like a good deal for me.

Now, is the more expensive one worth it?

Cheaper

Expensive