I've got a MG250DFX, and I've heard a lot of haters of the amps before, and I've never been displeased until recently. The thing is, I can't spend much more than the same price range of that amp. I am hoping to sell it for $300-400, as it's in pretty good condition. The highest I can possibly go is $600, but I would prefer an amp in the $500 range.

I'm also highly interested in Orange Amps. I'm willing to go over my budget, but I need some opinion, especially on the lower end amps.

Thanks for any feedback given.
Well, dont touch the Crush series amps, they arent as good as the Orange everyone around here talks about are.

i'm assuming the only one you could possibly afford is the Tiny Terror, but you'll need to buy a cab also.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Orange amps aren't cheap in the US (unless you're talking about a Tiny Terror). What kind of styles do you want to play?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well he'd have a "cab", if you'd call it that, already. From his MG. So the statement should read "You'll need to get a decent cab."

But yeah, TT's are good, but with an MG cab it really kills the Orange tone.
Ben
Crate tubes are good. a Palomino V16 or a V32 combo would be perfect for almost anything if u gig, with an OD pedal it could handle anything. Maybe a fender, as those have some great cleans and good OD with a pedal.
Quote by muffinman123192
Well he'd have a "cab", if you'd call it that, already. From his MG. So the statement should read "You'll need to get a decent cab."

But yeah, TT's are good, but with an MG cab it really kills the Orange tone.

Well he's selling the MG to pay for his next amp, so he cant use that.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
in that price range check out B-52's Solid state amps. Some of the best sounding SS amps I've heard.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
I play a lot of ranges... lot of 90's alternative. Muse is by far my favorite band. I've got a z.vex fuzz factory in my arsenal, and plan on using it often. Also, the MG250DFX is a combo, not a stack.

What about the Orange combos? How are those?
Quote by FFJP
I've got a MG250DFX, and I've heard a lot of haters of the amps before, and I've never been displeased until recently. The thing is, I can't spend much more than the same price range of that amp. I am hoping to sell it for $300-400, as it's in pretty good condition. The highest I can possibly go is $600, but I would prefer an amp in the $500 range.

I'm also highly interested in Orange Amps. I'm willing to go over my budget, but I need some opinion, especially on the lower end amps.

Thanks for any feedback given.

What type of music do you play? Just switching to a tube amp will not solve your quest for the perfect tone.

I'll keep this as honest and try not to be too blunt. Keep your marshall until you have about $400-$500 saved up. It might take a while but it will be worth it in the end. If you could sell it for $300-$400 you would have enough for quite a few of Mesa Boogie's lower end stuff. You can pick some midrange marshalls on ebay for $800, Peavey 5150, maybe a Peavey XXX. The bigger your price range, the more options you have, and they happier you should be down the road.

EDIT:You can ignore my question of which style of music you play
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Check out the Crate Palomino V32 - it seems up your alley.

Don't be afraid to go used.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Wow I'm off today. Thanks for the corrections guys. Why do I keep messing this shit up?

Anyway, definitely listen to FUA. Don't be afraid to go used. There are deals out there you wouldn't even imagine.
Ben
^Don't feel too bad dude I posted in the wrong thread a while ago. Must be the day for it.
TS just because we hate MG's doesn't mean we hate MG owners. If you get a decent tube combo you will be set. Congratulations on developing your ear and good luck.
PS the Crate tube combos do sound good.
Well you may not, but I started a topic a while back about pickups and somebody was quite the ass about it. But yeah, thank you all for the advice. I'll look into some amps, and no, I'm not at all worried about trying used.
Quote by FFJP
Well you may not, but I started a topic a while back about pickups and somebody was quite the ass about it. But yeah, thank you all for the advice. I'll look into some amps, and no, I'm not at all worried about trying used.

Hm...I don't think I was an ass at all.

It was smart advice. You just didn't want to hear it, at the time..

In any case, there'll be plenty of amps in the 500-600 dollar range, if you look. Check your local craigslist for any Traynors. A YCV40 or YCV50 Blue should have enough gain for what you want.
John is like a cuddily teddy bear.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by forsaknazrael
With big, brown, 24-inch pythons.

You crack me up.
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FFJP
I play a lot of ranges... lot of 90's alternative. Muse is by far my favorite band. I've got a z.vex fuzz factory in my arsenal, and plan on using it often. Also, the MG250DFX is a combo, not a stack.

What about the Orange combos? How are those?

orange combos are the shizz. the tube combos are loud as hell, and very much so gigable. even the tiny terror's. but the combos arent cheap. for the money its cheaper to go with another brand, but who am i kidding. orange amps rock . but for the price range your looking at youll have to look elsewhere.

p.s. the crush amps are cool, i have one and love it, the 30R. who cares if its not tube? its a better amp than any in its price range imho.

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune