Hey Guys,

I need some ideas of pedals I should get for my pedalboard setup. Just like to know some necessary ones for Blues stuff/John Mayer. Thanks in advance!
well what amp guitar are you running through?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
all u would need for blues is a mild od pedal, like a Boss blues driver. maybe an eq pedal, but otherwise blues really is a minimalist genre when it comes to effects. most of it is technique and style.
Honestly, blues is the genre where having a quality tube amp matters most.

No pedal will get you anywhere close to a blues guitarists tone without running it through a quality tube amp. or a JC-120.

Thats the exception.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Quote by SRVStrat808
Honestly, blues is the genre where having a quality tube amp matters most.

No pedal will get you anywhere close to a blues guitarists tone without running it through a quality tube amp. or a JC-120.

Thats the exception.

Not necessarily, B.B. King and Albert King (not sure about Albert but another big blues guy) played through solid-states. I think it's because of the cleans.
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
^Yeah they played through Roland Jazz Choruses. Otherwise known as JC-120's.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Blues is probobly the least pedal heavy out of all of them. All you need is an od. But if you want effects, you could get something like a wah and then some modulation, maybe a chorus.
Wah and OD are nice to have, but please please please please get a tube amp instead of loading up on pedals that will only please you for a short period of time.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by SRVStrat808
^Yeah they played through Roland Jazz Choruses. Otherwise known as JC-120's.

BB King doesnt play through Jazz Choruses. He may have at one point, but definitely doesn't now.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by FMNStratGuy
Hey Guys,

I need some ideas of pedals I should get for my pedalboard setup. Just like to know some necessary ones for Blues stuff/John Mayer. Thanks in advance!

For John Mayer pedal board I know he uses a Keeley ts9/808 (same thing) and a Keeley Boss BD-1/2 (can't remember.) Standard Blues Drivers are awful. For wah he uses a RMC Picture wah. I forget the rest
^Just to keep things from getting to confusing, the ts9 and ts808 arent exactly the same. You can easily mod the ts9 to be the exact same circuit as a ts808, but right out of the box, they aren't exactly the same.

And Mayer seems to use some weird pedals just for fun at times. I've heard him use some Delay, and for songs like "In Repair" he uses an Electro Harmonix POG, which basically makes your guitar sound like an organ.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^Just to keep things from getting to confusing, the ts9 and ts808 arent exactly the same. You can easily mod the ts9 to be the exact same circuit as a ts808, but right out of the box, they aren't exactly the same.

And Mayer seems to use some weird pedals just for fun at times. I've heard him use some Delay, and for songs like "In Repair" he uses an Electro Harmonix POG, which basically makes your guitar sound like an organ.

the Keeley ones are almost identical, which is what i assume he was talking about.
^Oh, okay. Didn't see the word Keely at first for some reason. Sorry about that, Twevo.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Haha it's cool. Yeah, I meant the keeley. I had a stock ts9 and just did the mods to make it an 808 before doing the keeley mods, which is what he does too, he just charges 60 bucks for 5 bucks of materials! And its funny, theres only 3 tiny differences between a 9 and 808
BB used a Lab series for a while. I don't always like Mayer's compositions but he is a really good player. TS I would say you need a tube amp and minimal pedals, though a few extra are always fun. I use my wah and distortion the most. A good phaser or flanger is nice to have, maybe a compressor though I don't find many uses for it. And reverb, the one I use the most. You can do almost any style with all of these.
You'll need a high quality TubeScreamer and possibly a decent wah. Then play 'Neon' and have an orgasm.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
i do it with a FD 2 and a picture wah,

i still need an american voiced amp
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I'd say just an overdrive, probably a Maxon OD808 (tubescreamers are very prominent in blues recordings) and a wah of some kind, that would be up to personal taste.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM