what the hell is a filibuster???
its on a constitution paper but its not in the constitution like my teacher said...help please??
and how long are the terms for senators/representatives
i got 2 for senator, 6 for representative but that sounds wrong
stupid constitutions great english
thanks if you can help me
homework rocks. not.
Ibanez s270/Gibson Les Paul Studio/Fender USA strat/Cashmira81 Classical/Simon&Patrick Acoustic
Peavey 6505 /Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1960b cab
EHX Big Muff USA/Holy Grail/ Boss GE10/ Crybaby
Ibanez sr505 bass & Torque 100w bass amp
A filibuster is when a Senator (as filibuster's are basically impossible in the House due to time limits) delays voting action and/or debate on a particular subject by, basically, stalling... talking ad nauseum, for instance.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by pucci6d6
what the hell is a filibuster???
its on a constitution paper but its not in the constitution like my teacher said...help please??
and how long are the terms for senators/representatives
i got 2 for senator, 6 for representative but that sounds wrong
stupid constitutions great english
thanks if you can help me

you have the length of terms back wards, its 6 is for senators, and 2 for representatives.
a filibuster is something when they are in a debate about a bill, and no one can leave until the majority of congressmen agree on one side, to pass or not to. i think thats it, sorry if im wrong.
Quote by Rebourne
What is this "Death Rock" you speak of?

Quote by revolutionplz
I will poop on your soul if you ever have the audacity to type those words towards me again.

Don't think I won't.
It's 2 for a Representative, 6 for a senator.

And to understand a filibuster, you must understand this concept of the senate. Senators, when debating a bill, have one shot at the floor, but their time there is UNLIMITED. And they don't even have to talk about the proposed bill. They could LITERALLY stand, talk about how to make a PB&J sandwich for a week if they could make it that long.
The longest filibuster was 26 hours, by Senator Strom Thurmond during the sixties, over the Civil Rights Act. It failed. Filibustering is the attempt to kill a bill by talking it to death.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain

And to understand a filibuster, you must understand this concept of the senate. Senators, when debating a bill, have one shot at the floor, but their time there is UNLIMITED. And they don't even have to talk about the proposed bill. They could LITERALLY stand, talk about how to make a PB&J sandwich for a week if they could make it that long.
The longest filibuster was 26 hours, by Senator Strom Thurmond during the sixties, over the Civil Rights Act. It failed. Filibustering is the attempt to kill a bill by talking it to death.

ahaha thanks, and i think i heard about a filibuster before
like the one senator read a novel or something and the bill failed
anyways thanks
Quote by ColdNovembeRain

Win.

Winnier: Wiki is your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filibuster

/thread.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Win.

Winnier: Wiki is your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filibuster

/thread.

I like you.

to TS::: GOOGLE and WIKIPEDIA ARE YOUR FRIENDS!!!

:::However; for your sake; I hope you have more friends than that. For you would be leading a sad, sad life.

/minor digression.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Yeah, but there's something that the senate can do to end a filibuster. I don't remember what it's called, but it takes an overall 2/3 vote of the senate, which is relatively hard to get just to make someone shut up. They only use it if the person is REALLY pissing them off.
Quote by Dreadnought
A filibuster is when a Senator (as filibuster's are basically impossible in the House due to time limits) delays voting action and/or debate on a particular subject by, basically, stalling... talking ad nauseum, for instance.

Didn't they have a huge filibustering deal about two or three months back?

The Daily Show made a big deal about it. They brought in cots for all of the senators to sleep on, because it went on for so long, and they ordered food and whatnot.

I can't remember exactly when, though.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Yeah, but there's something that the senate can do to end a filibuster. I don't remember what it's called, but it takes an overall 2/3 vote of the senate, which is relatively hard to get just to make someone shut up. They only use it if the person is REALLY pissing them off.

lol I forgot the name too...

EDIT: Cloture!
My God, it's full of stars!