im looking at the line6 port UX1 OR UX2 or the M-Audio Fast track Pro Mobile usb interface.. i plan on getting protools.. what would be the best.. ill prob just record one track at a time.
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
If you're planning on getting pro tools, then get an M-box mini. It's cheap, has a mic input and two line inputs (can do two tracks simultaneously), and it comes with Pro Tools LE and a bunch of plugins. Check it out here. Pro Tools M-powered software (which is what you'd be getting) is $300 on its own, so by getting the M-box mini, you're getting slightly better software and an interface for just $29 more than just the cheaper software.
Neither of the interfaces you mentioned will work with Protools - Protools requires Protools-specific hardware.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Also, Pro Tools M Powered and Pro Tools LE are different things.

From what I've heard, the M powered version has less bugs flattened out.

The mbox mini is what I would recommend, because you get the interface and a hard copy of the program, just make sure you have the correct processor specs for it, which is sometimes hard to work out.
how can i figure how if i have a good enough pc for the hardware/pro tools.. I cant find a requirements page or anything
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
so if i have windows xp media center edition pro tools wont work..? thats gay. is there anyway around that?
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
That does suck. That's one of two downsides to Pro Tools is that they're fairly specific about what kind of computer and operatins system you have to be using (the other downside being under-developed midi capabilities) but they're working on both. I remember when I got it I had to figure out what my chipset was because they only accepted a couple different kinds. That's the only specific thing I remember looking up, but I remember I had to do quite a bit of investigating to figure out if my computer was up to the standards (quite honestly I'm really surprised that it does run Pro Tools, cause the computers a piece of **** with some extra ram and hard-drives thrown in). Like Brian said though, check the support forum on their site. The people there are quite helpful and they might know a way to get it working for you.
i went ot guitar center today and asked if there were any interfaces that supported with windows xp media center edition and he said not that he knows of.. what interface/software would i need to get in my situation? plz help
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
I'd just avoid Pro Tools all together at this point. Pro Tools requires DigiDesign hardware to run, and it is very specific about it, as certain hardware standards need to be met in order for Pro Tools to properly operate. I see no advantage for you to go with Pro Tools, unless there are any Pro Tools specific features you require. In which case if you knew what those features were, you probably wouldn't be asking questions like this on a guitar forum. Check out some of the options from Steinberg and Cakewalk, which should allow you to use whatever hardware you like.
would any of the two interfaces that i mentioned in my first post work with adobe audition and be compatibel with windows xp media center edition
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
Do not use audition.

I am a staunch supporter of Pro Tools, but if you can't use it, you can't use it. There's a handful of good options out there for what you're looking for, but from my experience, Adobe Audition is not one of those good options. Just a friendly word of advice.
idk what to use though.. what interface would work though? I just need to know wat interface to get for now
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
Quote by Airguitarmaster
idk what to use though.. what interface would work though? I just need to know wat interface to get for now

Not a lot of manufacturers tested and re-coded for Media Center since everyone knew that Vista was right around the corner. The differences between good old XP and Media Center aren't huge and ProTools might very well work on it, it's just that Digidesign/Avid hasn't tested it on that platform and thus can't offer support on it. If you want to find out what software and interfaces work with Media Center just make the rounds on the manufacturer websites.
i checked on m audio's for the fastrack pro and it just said windows xp/2000 i believe and did not say if it supported it or if it was not supported
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
Quote by big crouton
Do not use audition.

I am a staunch supporter of Pro Tools, but if you can't use it, you can't use it. There's a handful of good options out there for what you're looking for, but from my experience, Adobe Audition is not one of those good options. Just a friendly word of advice.

yea you cant use software instruments.
but version 3 will have that in it.

the only bad thing for me about audition is that it doesnt work good with 9+ tracks(running close to dry)

as opossed i can use up to 20 in traction or cubase with out a problem w/ fx
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
ok i just found that it doesnt support media center.. i really dont know what to do since i cant find a interface that supports media center.. grrr
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
go here: http://duc.digidesign.com/ find the appropriate sub-forum and ask if it is possible to run Pro Tools with Windows XP Media Center Edition. There's plenty of pro tools users there, and if someone has been successful in using it with that version of XP, they'll be sure to let you know.