I am looking for a tube amp. Which one do you guys think is best?

Valve King 112 50W
Crate V18 ( 2x 12 ) 18W
Crate V50 ( 1x12) 50W

All the same price. Is it better to have 2 12's rather than 1 12 with higher wattage.

I play rock, from tool to foo fighters type stuff.
My Gear:

Fender 62 RI Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
What do you need the amp for? Bedroom practice? Gigs?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
small gigs
My Gear:

Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
Oh goody, a versus thread. They are all good amps, just depends on your requirements. I own the VK so I can vouch that it is very versatile, sounds good on cleans, has moderate gain and probably would do those bands well. Its pretty loud so don't by it for bedroom volume unless you are happy with preamp distortion. Sounds pretty sweet at gig volumes.
if you use a lot of cleans and want the crate, the v50 has a clean channel(the v18 is single channel only). the v18 also doesnt have the idea settings to be able to roll back the volume for using cleans during a gig either(in comparison to lets say a 100watt windsor with lots of headroom)
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by the boogieman
if you use a lot of cleans and want the crate, the v50 has a clean channel(the v18 is single channel only). the v18 also doesnt have the idea settings to be able to roll back the volume for using cleans during a gig either(in comparison to lets say a 100watt windsor with lots of headroom)

Bad comparison. The Windsor has no clean headroom. The V18 I'm sure you could get good cleans by rolling back the volume, unlike the Windsor.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

why dont you just get the V32 212? somewhere between the 18 and 50. and will easily do gigs
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
why dont you just get the V32 212? somewhere between the 18 and 50. and will easily do gigs

I agree with this guy, he knows his Crates!
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

i tried a V32 at GC in nashville a while back and it was amazing, though i like the classic 30 just a bit better. i have only ever had one crate, needless to say it sucked worse than an MG. GT1200H and matching cab. makes me sick just thinking about it, thank the local store that ripped me off of my marshall, oh well it sounds miles better. Then everytime i go to my ex's house i play her V8 and it amazes me everytime i play it. Its so loud, and the power tube saturation is eargasmic! when we are there by ourselves, its pretty much master: 8-9, preamp: 4. Its loud but perfect for a practice amp to piss off the neighbors!
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
i have a v18 and i use it in a 50-80 people church. i can get a good clean setting out of it and it still can be decently heard over drums even when i rolll down the volume a bit.

i think the best solution is to find the setting you like most, and just mic the amp up.

but i agree with the idea of getting a v32, and maybe an OD/Dist if you need to spice up the gain more.
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
I dont play alot of cleans, but how would the single channel crates fair with a OD/DS pedal ? Or would it be worth to at least have the second channel just in case?

Is it better to have 2 12's with 18W or one 12 at 50W???
My Gear:

Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
Last edited by swervin at Oct 19, 2007,
they might be single channel amps, but the v18 has footswitchable gain boost and a master volume control.

for your uses, i think the v18 or v33 or v32 would be better than the 50watt versions.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008