Page 1 of 5
Okay. What are your thoughts on global warming. I personally think that its earth's natural cycle with a little "Global Warming" with it, but mostly the natural cycle.

What are your thoughts?

D-I-S-C-U-S-S
Everyone knows global warming is due to increased carbons in the air. Why has Global warming become the new evolution??

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Oct 18, 2007,
Umm... well I saw a program that said that even if we stop polluting 100% at this very second. Weather patterns would still be skewed and the seas get warmer for 40- 50 years until enough of the polluntant actually escaped our atmosphere for it to cool down... so we're ****ed.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Everyone knows global warming is due to increased carbons in the air. Why has Global warming has become the new evolution??

What?
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
It's a government conspiracy!
If it isn't, then the IRS is NOT going to be happy...
the world will end in 2012, by flood. the aztecs said so.
however, i was thinking about this; the aztecs didnt know the whole world, only the place they lived, so maby (hopefully) only that place will flood and the world wont end and we will need to worry about global warming
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

i more or less agree with you, its part of a natural climate change like an ice age but in reverse. i also believe that while a similar scenario would be unavoidable, we have definitely accelerated (and potentially worsened) the process with carbon emissions.
the earth goes through natural cycles of low and high carbon in the atmosphere. high carbon levels are usually followed by ice ages, the last one being in the middle ages.
were not completely causing it but were for damn sure not helping any

-damn i need to type faster
Last edited by JAS1121 at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by JAS1121
the earth goes through natural cycles of low and high carbon in the atmosphere. high carbon levels are usually followed by ice ages, the last one being in the middle ages.
were not completely causing it but were for damn sure not helping any

-damn i need to type faster

+1

that's the truth pretty much.

basically though, we will run out of fossil fuels before create enough co2 to matter.
Noone seems to know whether this increase in CO2 concentration in the atmosphere is the result of human activities or if it's part of a natural cycle. What is clear is that increased CO2 traps more heat, thus adding to the enhanced greenhouse effect. The way I look at it is: what harm would we be doing to reduce emissions? We're facing an energy crisis anyway with the limited supply of fossil fuels so it's only a matter of time until we have to find an alternative, so why not bring it forward?? There are simple things people can do to help like reduce waste and increase recycling; use energy saving appliances; ride a bike instead of drive- simple things that help in other ways too.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

Quote by the dave
yeah man I put my hand up their skirt and pick em up like a six pack

Quote by Death_switch
mr bill0ws is right
Quote by tjfishrocker
Okay. What are your thoughts on global warming. I personally think that its earth's natural cycle with a little "Global Warming" with it, but mostly the natural cycle.

D-I-S-C-U-S-S

+1
i give the world about another 50 good years,

then we're all pretty much in the same boat....
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
The earth does go through natural cycles, and eventually it will even out, once we're no longer here to pollute. As for what will actually happen, if we don't do anything about it, there will be severe climate change leading eventually to either extreme hot, or conversely, extreme cold temperatures. People who say that its all being blown out of proportion merely are kidding themselves, so they can sleep well at night.
Quote by Diamond Dave
i more or less agree with you, its part of a natural climate change like an ice age but in reverse. i also believe that while a similar scenario would be unavoidable, we have definitely accelerated (and potentially worsened) the process with carbon emissions.

Thats pretty much exactly what i was thinking, but we are slowing down some and in the near future we will run out of fossil fuels and all of the crap that is screwing us over(not that it will fix the problem,it'll just help it). We better start finding other sources of energy that work just as good if not better than fossil fuels.
Quote by mr_bill0ws
Noone seems to know whether this increase in CO2 concentration in the atmosphere is the result of human activities or if it's part of a natural cycle. What is clear is that increased CO2 traps more heat, thus adding to the enhanced greenhouse effect. The way I look at it is: what harm would we be doing to reduce emissions? We're facing an energy crisis anyway with the limited supply of fossil fuels so it's only a matter of time until we have to find an alternative, so why not bring it forward?? There are simple things people can do to help like reduce waste and increase recycling; use energy saving appliances; ride a bike instead of drive- simple things that help in other ways too.

Weren't they saying the same thing more than 20 years ago?
Quote by holybassbatman!
The earth has been getting warmer ever since they started to record the weather patterns.

That's the spirit!
Quote by mart69

+1

it was about 30 years ago...oil crisis of the 70's...

but yea...

can't believe everything thing the government/media tells you. so who knows what's really going on really.
Quote by kidsthesedays
+1

it was about 30 years ago...oil crisis of the 70's...

but yea...

can't believe everything thing the government/media tells you. so who knows what's really going on really.

i love you

i got a +1!
global warming is a naturally occuring patterns in climate of earth . followed by global cooling which is what we should be more concerned about ever here of an ICE AGE. Look into what earths populations do during an Ice Age. We as a people give ourselves to much credit or blame of our relevance to this planet. nature will determine our extinction date. "And in the end there will be daisies on our graves" where ever our bones lay so live worry about what you can control
My thoughts...

Yes, we humans have most likely made a bit of an impact in the whole global warming part of it, but to think that we're all to blame is going a bit too far in my opinion.
What about the tons of natural gasses coming of the billions of animal turds that is contributing to it as well?
As far as I know, dinosaurs died out in the last ice age, and I'm pretty sure they didn't have cars and crap back then to cause that one, maybe the Earth's going through another cycle?
Maybe the Earth's getting closer to the sun (I don't know how much truth that last statement makes, but it's possible), the slightest change of position of the Earth in relation to the Sun could be disastrous.
I'm sick of the Politicians taking it upon themselves to scare everybody about it and blame everyone for helping 'kill' the Earth.

Just my opinion.
Quote by mr_bill0ws

I definitely agree with you on the "conserve mo matter what" bit but my interpretation of things makes me believe that the increase in CO2 concentration is due to humans. Scientists have been drilling ice cores in order to analyze CO2 levels in the ancient air pockets. They found that the CO2 concentration rapidly increased shorty after the industrial revolution kicked off, and that the current CO2 concentration is 27% higher than the highest concentration going back 650,000 years. It's not proof, but it strongly suggests that humans have had a significant impact on CO2 levels.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by orpheus171
the world will end in 2012, by flood. the aztecs said so.
however, i was thinking about this; the aztecs didnt know the whole world, only the place they lived, so maby (hopefully) only that place will flood and the world wont end and we will need to worry about global warming

They didn't say how it would end, their calendar just ends in 2012. Get your facts straight.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by SilentDeftone
I think weather extremity is a better term, from what I can see the weather is not just generally getting hotter, it is getting more extreme.

-SD

well, its not really the weather thats changing its the climate. there is a difference
Quote by JAS1121
well, its not really the weather thats changing its the climate. there is a difference

To say the climate is changing is an assumption and trying to predict the future. It hasn't been long enough to call it a climate change.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

i think it's definitely real, but it's going to doom us any time soon. i read an article in newsweek, and i kind of agree with a lot of the things the guy said (i forgot who) about different ways people are trying to "slow down" global warming.

there was a part about the "5 mph rule" or something, where all transportation is limited to that speed to prevent carbon emissions and traffic deaths. but in reality, if the world did slow down that much, we would lose out on trillions of dollars because we wouldn't get anything done. simultaneously things will cost more and people will have less money, so the lack of production would end up costing even more lives and possibly damaging the environment more.

anyways, it's a good article and i think people should read it, whether they agree or not.
Quote by psilocyndreams2
i think it's definitely real, but it's going to doom us any time soon. i read an article in newsweek, and i kind of agree with a lot of the things the guy said (i forgot who) about different ways people are trying to "slow down" global warming.

there was a part about the "5 mph rule" or something, where all transportation is limited to that speed to prevent carbon emissions and traffic deaths. but in reality, if the world did slow down that much, we would lose out on trillions of dollars because we wouldn't get anything done. simultaneously things will cost more and people will have less money, so the lack of production would end up costing even more lives and possibly damaging the environment more.

anyways, it's a good article and i think people should read it, whether they agree or not.

The average person walks 4 MPH, so people probably wouldn't buy cars, and just get horses again so they can go faster, or walk.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by JAS1121

Who cares what you call it, when I go outside my experience is harsher than previously.

-SD
Quote by tjfishrocker

What are your thoughts?

D-I-S-C-U-S-S

What factors do you think influence the natural cycle? Because saying it's an inherent quality of our atmosphere, a law of nature, is ridiculous. SOMETHING causes it to change. It doesn't do it spontaneously.

I die a little bit inside every time I hear people proclaiming their opinions on what is a matter for science and the scientific community only. You sound absurdly arrogant whenever you give your opinion about it, because everybody knows that you're very probably not scientifically literate and you're certainly not a climate scientist. That goes for you and for a lot of people. Like this:

Quote by CORT noob
To say the climate is changing is an assumption and trying to predict the future. It hasn't been long enough to call it a climate change.

No. no, no, no, no. Argh. The length of time the trend has been occuring for isn't what determines whether climate change is occuring. It just isn't. And the climate change has been observed.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Last edited by suffer some at Oct 19, 2007,
Quote by suffer some
No. no, no, no, no. Argh. The length of time the trend has been occuring for isn't what determines whether climate change is occuring. It just isn't. And the climate change has been observed.

In geography class last week, my teacher said this:

Weather is Conditions over a short period of time. IE: it's raining outside, it's hot this month, it's cold this year.

Climate is the trend of weather over an extended period of time. Example: This region is relatively hot, this region is relatively cold.

And, I'm saying that you can't call it a Climate change yet, because it hasn't shifted solidly in one direction at all, for an extended period of time. For all we know, it could just be a spike in heat in these past years, and next we could have a 10 year cooling period.

And to say I'm not aloud to have an opinion is the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

Quote by dictionary.com
–noun 1. the composite or generally prevailing weather conditions of a region, as temperature, air pressure, humidity, precipitation, sunshine, cloudiness, and winds, throughout the year, averaged over a series of years.

/argument. -batman
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Last edited by CORT noob at Oct 19, 2007,
Global warming has been greatly exaggerted by the media.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Quote by mart69

sure they were, but that's not the point. The point that the dude is making is to actually do something about it- instead of just talking which is what way too many people with government positions are doing. I agree with him in saying that no matter if global warming is the cause of human actions or not- it could only help us if we cut down emissions, found alternative (better) fuels, and made the earth a bit cleaner. Seriously, what harm could that do?
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Dont beleive in that bs, Al Gore is the deadly hybrid of a retard and a pessimist with a lil bit of avarice to make a steaming pile o' ****. If anything the sun's getting hotter, but it's probably just a cycle that will pass. Countdown to December 23, 2012
I agree that global warming is greatly exaggerated by the media and is used as a base from which to attack the Republican party. And we do need to cut down on emissions, because it's not like it's doing harm to anyone, and is certianly helping many.
However, if anyone needs to work on cutting down on pollution, it's eastern countries such as China (and maybe India?) Within a decade, possibly even a few years, China will far outstrip us in almost everything industrial, including fossil fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. The US isn't the only country that contributed to the rise of global pollution - we shouldn't be the ones to shoulder all the blame - other heavy-industry countries need to step up too.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
You also have to consider that some of the heat records were set in the 40's or 50's and they still haven't been surpassed. When the apocalypse comes i think that it will be something different. Nuclear Holocaust perhaps?
Page 1 of 5