I went down to the USA And I tried out a Valve Jr, and cranked it. It was awesome.

I played on a Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and holy ****, I loved it. It was so much better than my Epiphone Special(duhhhhhhh) but it was $500.

I actually liked my Ibanez better however.

I negotiated it down to about $120, and then the guy says we don't accept Canadian dollars.

I was pissed...
Sorry But Epiphone specials are AWSOME cheap guitars probably best under 200
Awsome style
AWSOME SOUND ( Yes)
Awsome smell?
Quote by FRDesign
They aren't even Mahogany though, so why bother?

I was surprisingly able to get a great jazz hollowbody sound out of a Fender Mex strat today (although it was a pain in the ass to get all the Eq's right.)

So lesson learned:

You can get whatever sound you want as long as you know how to tweak your stuff.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Canadian dollars are worth more than the US dollar, who wouldn't accept them??

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Necronomicon
You serious?
It's true.

Despite popular belief, many of Epiphone's instruments have always been made with the 'correct' woods, and a little over a year ago they updated their production so even more of their instruments are made with the same woods as the full Gibson versions.

However, the Junior and Special-II both still use the cheaper woods and wood mixes. Some of Epi's other low-end guitars also are still made with these woods.
Quote by bokuho
It's true.

Despite popular belief, many of Epiphone's instruments have always been made with the 'correct' woods, and a little over a year ago they updated their production so even more of their instruments are made with the same woods as the full Gibson versions.

However, the Junior and Special-II both still use the cheaper woods and wood mixes. Some of Epi's other low-end guitars also are still made with these woods.

LOL! that's why my epiphone explorer's wood is messed up. I can't even adjust my trus-rod without being carful.

epiphones are junk.

If you give a starving man rats to eat, they're great.

Once you have tasted something great, you can't go back.

That's how music, and guitars.... are.
Quote by nan0
LOL! that's why my epiphone explorer's wood is messed up. I can't even adjust my trus-rod without being carful.

epiphones are junk.

If you give a starving man rats to eat, they're great.

Once you have tasted something great, you can't go back.

That's how music, and guitars.... are.

Honestly I dont know much about Epiphones or Gibsons because I don't play them so I don't know if there is something different about them concerning woods but on any other guitar, if someone told me they didn't buy it only because it wasn't mohagany, that would be a horrible decision because with the right settings you can really get any sound out of any wood on an electric guitar. The wood's tonal value really stands out most when you use clean or acoustic guitars rather than distorted electric guitars.
If you were in the US that guy probably violated the law. Canadian dollars are legal tender in the US. If you really want to deal with that jerk just go to the local bank and exchange for US dollars, go back and buy it (and punch him in his face while you are at it. Just kidding.)