I'm looking for some good ex cerises, intermediate to advance level (been playing for 6yrs), for developing better picking and fingering technique. I want to increase my pick control and my overall speed and technique.

thanks in advance for any help
Agile Septor Elite 7-String
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
PreSonus FireStudio Interface
CX5 Studio Monitors
hmm..... how many fingers do you use when you hold the pick?
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
just two, my thumb and my pointer finger, i've learned to hold the pick right, i can play pretty fast, but i just want to improve more. Theres always room for improvement, so that why i was looking for some new exercises.
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
CX5 Studio Monitors
There are several articles in the columns and lectures areas. They've got what you want.
You probably already know all the exercises you need to know. You just need to
change your approach in doing them.

Just because you've been playing X years doesn't mean the answers you're looking
for aren't to be found in what you might consider basic beginner exercises. For
what it sounds like you're looking for, more often than not they are.

I mention this mostly because at an intermediate to advanced level, you'd most
likely already know what you'd need to work on and how to do it -- you wouldn't
have to be asking here...
Quote by BackSeatSuicide
I'm looking for some good ex cerises, intermediate to advance level (been playing for 6yrs), for developing better picking and fingering technique. I want to increase my pick control and my overall speed and technique.

don't forget to work on your feel.. it's easier to learn it from the start instead of trying to work it into your technique.. i really regretted forgetting it too sometime in the past.. so the key is dynamics.. and playing even notes, when i do exercises, i start by playing everything very softly, without any accents, not all that fast at first and concentrating on even notes, and just after that i apply the dynamics, it just goes easier as you have a firm start..
1953 Epiphone zephyr
1988 PRS custom 24
1960 Moon oct. mandolin
yeah, i just wanted some new exercises just mess around with. I already know what i need to work on, and how to approach it. i just wanted some new exercises to play around with.
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
CX5 Studio Monitors
Quote by BackSeatSuicide
yeah, i just wanted some new exercises just mess around with. I already know what i need to work on, and how to approach it. i just wanted some new exercises to play around with.

Tell us, what is your approach?
I don't think just looking at some new excercises will help. What you really gotta do is pin-point exactly where the trouble spots are. With this knowledge you should know what fingers need what help in what way and you can, therefore, make personal excercises to help you in the best way for you.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you