Alright so after looking around a bit I found a local dealer who stocks Washburn x50PROFE's which is pretty much what I'm looking for and is at the right price. I have a bunch of questions though.

Is this a good guitar for the money or are there any other guitars that beat this one in this price range?

I have a Roland Cube 30x because I'm poor and I heard that solid states and emg's don't get along well so I was wondering what other pickup I should get and is it possible to trade in my emg's for the new pickups anywhere.

For pickups my ideal tone would be like this or something like Gilberts. (I know I wont get anything near that with the cube but just so you know what I'd like to have.)

And lastly does the Buzz Feiten System make that big of a difference?
Gilbert uses Dimarzio Paf pros which are way more vintage sounding than emgs.

Buzz Feiten is a compensated tuning system which removes intonation problems by fitting a special nut and certain neck and bridge adjustments. They indeed sound sweet to my ears and im considering feitenising a few of my guitars.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Some solid-state amps experience clipping from the active pickup's more powerful signal. I've never noticed my EMGs and my SS amp not cooperating, but the EMGs do make any distortion pedals I have sound like feedbacky crap.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
You'd be better off with the Duncan-equipped X50 PRO in all likelihood.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You'd be better off with the Duncan-equipped X50 PRO in all likelihood.
Yea It probably would be better but I like the finish on the profe and the emg's cant sound that bad through my cube.
Last edited by shoted at Oct 19, 2007,
Quote by shoted
Yea It probably would be better but I like the finish on the profe and the emg's cant sound that bad through my cube.

The Duncans would sound better - active pickups aren't really designed for modelling amps. The flatter EQ curve would probably suit them, but the hotter than usual output may not.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com