This thread exists not only to help me find a decent clean booster, but to discuss boosters in general. Who uses them here? Do you enjoy/could you live without them?

On a personal basis, I'm looking for two clean boosts, one to boost for solos (either treble booster or clean boost) and one to compensate for the loss in signal for my long FX loop.

I have heard of:
BYOC Tri-Booster
BBE Boosta Grande
Xotic AC/RC Booster
MXR Micro Amp
BBE Freq Boost.
EHX Linear Power Boost

Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

But this is not just for me, discuss anything you desire here.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
erm, what the hell do they do?
ive heard "give more output", "more volume" but that still dosent really make any sense to me...what the hell is output and why do we need it?
im clueless
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

It's like a volume boost for the guitar. It adds a tweakable amount of volume to the signal without touching the original tone that comes into the input. Good for solos and volume boosts. It just increases volume to bring you up over the instruments by highlighting certain frequency bands and adding volume without compromising the tone.

A treble booster does a similar thing but adds a boost in the higher treble frequencies to highlight mid/high notes. Great for making solos sound brighter.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Yeah... I've got a Laney VC-30 (basically a cheaper Vox AC-30) and since all the famous AC-30 users (Rory Gallagher, Brian May etc) all used treble boosters im interessed in what my amp will be like with a Treble Booster.
I have an onboard od system from guitarfetish which has a great clean boost with loads of treble. look into it if you're not afraid to mod your guitar.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by IncubusMan999
This thread exists not only to help me find a decent clean booster, but to discuss boosters in general. Who uses them here? Do you enjoy/could you live without them?

On a personal basis, I'm looking for two clean boosts, one to boost for solos (either treble booster or clean boost) and one to compensate for the loss in signal for my long FX loop.

I have heard of:
BYOC Tri-Booster
BBE Boosta Grande
Xotic AC/RC Booster
MXR Micro Amp
BBE Freq Boost.
EHX Linear Power Boost

Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

But this is not just for me, discuss anything you desire here.

i'm also looking to buy (probably build actually) a clean boost.
i'll give you my opinion on some of those:
BYOC tri-boost: seems very cool and versatile aswell ( as far as a clean boost can be versatile)
BBE boosta grande: i eleminated this one after seeing it wasn't true bypass, i like to keep my pedal board all TB.
EHX: if you're talking abou tthe LPB1, apparenlty they're decent, but i also heard they boost the hum and buzz aswell as the actual guitar signal...

hope i helped a bit
I use a Dunlop High Gain CGB-81 volume+boost pedal. I like it cause you can adjust the boost up to 6x, really drives the clean channel of my tube amp well into a crunch sound and just enhances the saturation and gain on the overdrive channel. It's discontinued, but I don't know why, it's a great pedal and I'd reccomend it to anyone seeking a volume and/or boost pedal.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
My suggestion? Build your own Rangemaster. It's one of the simpler builds, not hard to do, and it sounds awesome. Come to GB&C if you're interested.
My OD pedal has a clean boost that can be used together in conjunction with the overdrive, or by itself. It's awesome, I probably use the boost more than the OD.
Quote by The red Strat.
i'm also looking to buy (probably build actually) a clean boost.
i'll give you my opinion on some of those:
BYOC tri-boost: seems very cool and versatile aswell ( as far as a clean boost can be versatile)
BBE boosta grande: i eleminated this one after seeing it wasn't true bypass, i like to keep my pedal board all TB.
EHX: if you're talking abou tthe LPB1, apparenlty they're decent, but i also heard they boost the hum and buzz aswell as the actual guitar signal...

hope i helped a bit

The BBE is true hardwire bypass actually. For some people, especially chronic tone-hunters, true hardwire isn't actually true bypass. Good enough for me though.

Yeah it did help. I was thinking LPB-1 but after hearing it boosts the hum, i won't.

The Xotic and Keeley one's are excellent apparently.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Every booster boosts hum, it's normal. You just have to make sure the booster doesn't add any extra hum. The LPB-1 only does when you use it with a crappy power supply.
I'm using a Visual Sound 1 spot.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
IE not a crappy one...

I personally like the Mid-Boost effect of a Tubescreamer at max level boost but with no gain on the pedal, great for overdriving an amp. Like I did yesterday
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.