Okay.

So basically all my strings are fine. Except for my high E-string (this is on both my electric and acoustic).

I never had this problem before, let me try to explain. Basically when I play the string open it has this really annoying tremolo pitch to it. The higher I go on the fretboard the more detuned the string gets. Only when playing on like 8-11th fret I get a clean sound out of it. When I play higher (13+) it goes to the extent that the note played is a halftone too low!

I'm seriously WTF here. It never happened before, it just decided happening. And I can't seem to fix it. Any help?
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
I get this wavy trem-like sound when I play my high E above the 8th fret.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by webbtje
You have intonation problems. Get a tech to have a look

That might be the problem.. I use Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom's (.52s to .10) and I change tuning alot.. I tried adjusting the E-string saddle, but meh. I'll take it to a store, thanks
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
it doesnt need to be "looked at"

just tune it at the bridge, it's one screw.

what type of electric.

^edit E sadddle, i guess it'[s trem style....

SETTING INTONATION: from icepoint...
Most electric guitars provide individual string length adjustment for setting intonation. Fine tuning this length insures that your guitar plays in tune all the way up and down the neck.

Using an electronic tuner, tune your guitar to pitch.
One string at a time, play the harmonic at the 12th fret and then play the fretted 12th fret note.
If the fretted note is sharper than the harmonic, increase the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
If the fretted note is flat compared to the harmonic shorten the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
Repeat the procedure on all strings until the harmonic and the fretted notes are the same.

screw #2

if you cant get the harmonic and fretted 12th to match up then compare open string and fretted 12th.

and retune the open string after each small intonation screw adjustment.

should take 5 mins.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 19, 2007,
^Zooooooom!

Could also be the case of old strings!

Ernies imo suck ass for long periods of time, and the strings (Especially the bottom 3) become **** sounding (i.e Like a tremlo)

But more than ikely intonation if strings are new!
yeah if adjusting the screw still cant get you close to in tune, change the strings.

not a big ernie fan either. they are ok, just dont last.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011