Hey guys,

I'm looking for some help on my bass strings.

I've had my bass for about 3 years and only recently decided to restring it for the first time. The strings were sounding perfect before but felt harsh on my fingers. Now they are soft on my fingers but sound rubbish.

I've been playing guitar for over 8 years and have changed those strings many times. I know they take a small amount of playing to wear in but feel this isnt the reason my bass sounds so bad!

Any help?
Quote by Metallicaloveu
The strings were sounding perfect before but felt harsh on my fingers. Now they are soft on my fingers but sound rubbish.

are you refering to your old strings or new ones?
Maybe you bought different type of bass strings. Maybe the ones before were roundwound and you bought flatwounds?
signature
It's taken me 4 set's of strings to find ones i like the sound of but have rarely felt a difference except between different gauges.
I'm not sure why it would feel softer now unless Bullet caught onto something and you did buy flats this time. The other thing is new strings are very bright, is that what's wrong? You liked the old thumpier sound of old strings?
maybe you should tell us exactly what strings you bought..
Or what sound you get?

New strings usually give a metallicy-clicky-buzzy-something tone. It usually wears out in a week or so, anyway.
MIJ Precision 1988 / MIA Jazz 2005 -> Markbass CMD 102P -> Kustom 'Deep End' 115
Quote by BullHorn
Or what sound you get?

New strings usually give a metallicy-clicky-buzzy-something tone. It usually wears out in a week or so, anyway.

i hate that, my g string still some times does it