Everyone always talks about the best, heaviest riffs, but what about those soft parts in some songs, like an accoustic part or something like that? They seem to get ignored.

I really like the intro to ...And Justice for All.

What soft metal riffs do you guys like best?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Melodic Death Metal's melodic parts

like the one in My Apocalypse by ARch Enemy
soo great
Gooby Pls.
Opeth have some brilliant acoustic sections.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
I love The Unforgiven acoustic riff- especially accompanied by the electric I think it sounds great
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Lol, I bought an Opeth CD a few days ago for $10, but I didn't really like it that much. Are they one of those bands you have to listen to heaps before you start liking them. Took me a few listens to enjoy listening to Cannibal Corpse
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Some of Opeth's stuff (especially off the Damnation album) is amazing. Circle and Vermilion (pt 2) by Slipknot are alright, and there's a heap of Black Sabbath songs which are pretty soft.
The intro to Nevermore - The River Dragon Has Come. That tone is just divine...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I have a playlist on itunes dedicated to acoustic metal songs.

Check out the album "Kveldssanger" by Ulver. It's full acoustic guitar accompanied by church-style singing. It might not sound fantastic the way I've described it, but it really is an amazing album.

Damnation" by Opeth is also a good slow album.

As far as acoustic riffs within metal songs, I really like at about 1:10 in Man Made God by In Flames. I've always thought the little breakdown in Where Dead Angels Lie by Dissection is cool, too. It's not like it involves any amazing guitar work, i just like the whole atmosphere of the part. And the last I'll mention for now is the outro riff in Ind I Fjeldkamrene by Ulver. So relaxing, so awesome.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by Metal_Rich
Opeth have some brilliant acoustic sections.

+1
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Check out the album "Kveldssanger" by Ulver. It's full acoustic guitar accompanied by church-style singing.

Yeah, seriously a sweet album. I think I have all of Ulver's releases except the metal ones haha.
Eternal Wait by Ensiferum has some awesome soft metal riffs. A lot of Ensiferum does.
ENSIFERUM PWNS!!
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by nebraskan
Eternal Wait by Ensiferum has some awesome soft metal riffs. A lot of Ensiferum does.
ENSIFERUM PWNS!!

+1

Also, the soft outro to Perennial Quest by Death is awesome.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Mask Of Sanity - CoB The middle of the song gets slow.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Death - Lack Of Comprehension 0:00 - 0:36
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Insomnium haven't been mentioned yet. Therefore, you all suck.

Quote by grobbo91
Lol, I bought an Opeth CD a few days ago for $10, but I didn't really like it that much. Are they one of those bands you have to listen to heaps before you start liking them. Took me a few listens to enjoy listening to Cannibal Corpse

They can take a while to get into. Once you do, you'll thank yourself profusely for it.

Which album did you get? Orchid and Morningrise are probably the hardest to get into.
Some songs off of Death's "Symbolic" have lots of soft/acoustic parts that are really good.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by Scourge441
Insomnium haven't been mentioned yet. Therefore, you all suck.

They can take a while to get into. Once you do, you'll thank yourself profusely for it.

Which album did you get? Orchid and Morningrise are probably the hardest to get into.

Really? I got into those really easily and it was the first stuff I listened to by Opeth.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Black Sabbath - Solitude
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

To Bid You Farewell, Harvest and so much more - Opeth
The Quiet Place - In Flames (don't flame me)
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
The Ninja by Cacophony is amazing.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Justice FTW.

I sit there in the conservatory playing AJFA on my acoustic all the time. Its great. Specially jaming with a friend and playiing the harmonised parts, sounds awesome acoustic.

Nightwish have some of the most kickass folk sounding acoustic stuff, too.
^^ Chuck, you're missing a cosmic "c"... I'm sorry. that was terrible. I always have loved the acoustic bit that connects Holy Wars to the Punishment Due. Friedman pwns. But that's not really a riff. Otherwise, Pantera - Suicide Note pt. 1 seeing as everyone else has mentioned every opeth release that ever was and will ever be.
Quote by grobbo91

I started to like them on the first listen
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
Moonshield by In Flames is cool.
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
Pantera: This Love
Pantera: Hollow.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM