Page 1 of 2
I'm sure you Australians are aware of this song. Opinions ? Too far ? Too truthful ? Let the opinions run free!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GJ4j9h0tL8

Lyrics

My great grand father died this week.
I couldn’t stand him actually nobody could.
But as soon as he passed away everybody went around saying what a top bloke he was, so..
I’d like to dedicate this song to you, Gramps.

He was very hard of hearing,
he was dull and domineering,
mysogenist cantankerous and vain.
He hit the bottle every night,
he hit my grandma out of spite,
and those stories about his bunyons were a pain.

But all that’s now forgotten,
once he took his final breath.
Yes even pricks turn into top blokes after death.

You don’t believe me?
Allow me to furnish you with a few examples..

Steve Irwin lived in khaki,
a cartoon kamikaze,
who taunted crocs and talked so frequently.

And Brocky was some revhead,
who pumped the air with pure lead,
so anti green he drove into a tree.

But all that was forgotten,
once they took their final breath.
Yes even tools turn into top blokes after death.

John Lennon chose the hippy life,
he chose some nutbag for a wife,
his songs were never quite as good as Paul’s.

Jeff Buckley fooled all lovers,
just one album, mostly covers,
more wailing than Japan does off our shores.

once he took his final breath,
yes even wankers turn into top blokes after death.

Princess Di was just a slut for sex,
when they looked in the car wreck,
her dress was wet with Arab semen stain.

Stan Zemanek was a racist,
Dr Fatso xenophobic ****,
whose views were more malignant than his brain.

yes even arseholes turn into top blokes after death.

It’s not how they lived that counts,
but how we rewrite the book.
When it comes to truth it’s best to use restraint,
it pays to throw away the facts
and have a rose coloured look.
When he dies, Martin Bryant will look a saint.

Don Bradman was a total farce,
a grumpy, greedy tired-arse,
who couldn’t even score one run last time he played.

Kerry Packer was a brothel chief,
a tax cheat and a kidney thief.
and procreating Jamie was the worst mistake he made.

yes even **** turn into top blokes after death.

Belinda Emmett was a… (stopped by cast)

Remember all will be forgotten,
once we take our final breath..
yes even pervert motherf**kers,
even rampant child-abusers,
even local Baghdad looters,
even baby bunny rooters,
even reckless drunken drivers,
even rodent sperm imbibers,
even violent poofter bashers,
even public penis flashers,
even rotting corpse molesters,
even human piss ingesters,
even tiny kitten kickers,
even anal finger lickers,
even Anna ‘bloody’ Coren,
yes even she will be a top bloke after death.

Discuss
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Last edited by deadkenedy at Oct 19, 2007,
hey, sorry your grandfather died, the songs good but its in the wrong forum i think.
I saw it on Youtube.
I loved it

Sure it was crude/offensive/etc but it was damn funny

Maybe you should provide a link for people outside Australia?
So they know what it is too, since it does mention Princess Diana
Firstly, this song is featured in an Australian satirical program (think Daily Show) and its caused much uproar due to the content.

Secondly, did you read what the song said ?
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
oh lol, didnt realise it was something else, i thought you'd actually wrote that about your dead grandfather.

how stupid of me lol :P

EDIT: im not from australia, im from the UK
I never saw it and i can't be bothered looking it up. I'm not a big fan of the chaser, but reading that, I think they did go a bit too far. They've done some alright things, but yeah thats just assholish.
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
I love it and can see how it could be offensive but the bottom line is, if you dont like it, dont watch it
Last edited by g.a.r.r.y at Oct 19, 2007,
I thought it was funny, but the things that REALLY annoy me are the people who complain about these guys every week. If you don't like it, don't watch it, you aren't obliged to watch the show.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Seems funny to me that John Howard gets all up them about this long after it was first broadcast in any media form, what with his, "MUST PROTECT CHILDREN FROM EVERYTHING THAT THEY WILL INEVITABLY LEARN ANYWAY!" policy.
He seems like the sort of person that would have someone listening to every radio station 24/7 looking out for this sort of thing (this song was broadcast on Triple J a while ago).
Also, he says he doesn't care about opinion polls. BS.
/rant
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I thought it was funny, but the things that REALLY annoy me are the people who complain about these guys every week. If you don't like it, don't watch it, you aren't obliged to watch the show.

i love the chaser, but this was low.
I thought it was hilarious.

Seriously the only people that they said anything offensive about was Princess Di and Stan Zemanek. Apart from that it was all in good fun.

Anyone who was offended by the John lennon one seriously needs to grow up and see the funny side of things.

Did anyone see Today Tonight's lame-ass story about it? It is really lame, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hshIO5M3ma0
I'm undecided, I didn't like it when he said brocky but it was in the name of hummour, soo..... i dunno
think about it...its all true though....and it was funny, BUILD A BRIDGE!!! GET OVER IT!!!
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by fretsonfire74
i think he overstepped the mark, esp belinda emmett, brocky and don bradman.

They interviewed Chris Taylor who wrote it, and said the Belinda Emmett part was added into the skit to show that that is where they draw the line.

They weren't actually going to say anything about her.
Quote by soulflyV
They interviewed Chris Taylor who wrote it, and said the Belinda Emmett part was added into the skit to show that that is where they draw the line.

They weren't actually going to say anything about her.

exactly, if you saw it you would have easily been able to tell that they intentionally stopped at belinda
Pfft, Australia can't take a bloody joke.

It was his best song yet and everyone cries over it and says they 'crosses the line'. That's the reaction they are looking for!

Just realise that Chaser's is satrical! TAKE. A. JOKE. AUSTRALIA.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by sebastian_96

It was his best song yet and everyone cries over it and says they 'crosses the line'. That's the reaction they are looking for!

well you mustn't realise the icons he took the piss from.
id even go as far as to say that hes unaustralian.esp about peter brock and don bradman.
Quote by fretsonfire74
id even go as far as to say that hes unaustralian.esp about peter brock and don bradman.

WTF? It was obviously a joke. I wouldn't mind if people made a song about me for a joke after I died. Plus the people who watch the show know what to expect from them. They are always just about to cross the line. Shows like Today Tonight only get worked up about it for ratings. Half the people (or more) who heard about it from TT wouldn't have heard about it at all anyway.

And taking the piss? Isn't that a rather Australian thing to do anyway? I mean its probably to early to make Peter Brock jokes but theres been many a joke about Don Bradman, yet noone goes apeshit over them.
Quote by fretsonfire74

im with the other guy, take a joke. Those guys are in the past, were are moving into the future. I thought it was hilarious and im aussie, and i have heaps of patriotism and do you hear me going "AWWWW QQ THEY MADE FUN OF DON BRADMAN OUR BEST CRICKET PLAYERRR =( =( =("
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by fretsonfire74

i hate that f*cking word. it means absolutely nothing and is used so bloody frequently

who gives a sh*t who they were taking the piss from its freakin satire

Quote by sebastian_96

+1 absolutely hit the nail on the head

edit: i also forgot to add i thought that was the best song andrew's done this year, and i was pissing myself with laughter
pringa

Are you taking over? Or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards? Or are you going forwards?

Last edited by pringa at Oct 19, 2007,
That TodayTonight video was even funnier than the chaser song. "Now that we've finished bagging another channel, here's a segment on dole bludgers!" ****s!
Quote by Tensionhead
That TodayTonight video was even funnier than the chaser song. "Now that we've finished bagging another channel, here's a segment on dole bludgers!" ****s!

they actually said that?
pringa

No, it was a joke... they (TT and ACA) spend all their time bagging other channels programs, promoting their own, and picking on dole bludgers.
^oh ok lol, i didnt watch it,, actually i feel pretty stupid for assuming that was real
pringa

Quote by fretsonfire74

How old are you?

Who cares who they sung about, it was in no way Un-Australian, you are just whinging over nothing...why do you put all your energy into whinging about something worth wild like war or cancer.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
^ yea, but they didnt even mean to go that far lol
pringa

Uncool.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by pringa
i hate that f*cking word. it means absolutely nothing and is used so bloody frequently

who gives a sh*t who they were taking the piss from its freakin satire

+1

Although if they had've said something about Belinda Emmet that definately would have been too far. The best thing about the chaser is that it really shows you how many complete retards populate this country (ie. all the people that complain about the show and how it's unaustralian)
I broke my wookie

RIP Syd
Quote by Smokey Amp
Uncool.

Why?

Because it is true?

the muffin!
Quote by sacchiel13
I never saw it and i can't be bothered looking it up. I'm not a big fan of the chaser, but reading that, I think they did go a bit too far. They've done some alright things, but yeah thats just assholish.

Same here. They are a bit hit and miss with me. Some of what they do is quite amusing and imaginative (think Osama Bin Laden at APEC). But other stunts have left them looking just plain dumb (handing out weapons at a football match where police were expecting violence after recent crowd unrest).

Gatecrashing the press conference of visiting actress Sofia Loren with stupid questions was bad. She's one of those cool old legends who deserves nothing but respect. But they seem to respect nobody, so that wasn't going to happen.
Embarrassing Olympic swimming legend Ian Thorpe at the Logie Awards a couple of years back got me quite angry. His rather daring mohawk and mullet hairdo was already drawing a lot of attention. He's a fashionista, a style monger, so we expect that of him. When they ridiculed him onstage, he heard the remarks backstage and didn't want to come out later as a guest presenter. They had hardly stepped off the cover of Cosmo themselves - a fact that Thorpie was too polite to point out when he did gather the courage to face the audience.

They only seem interested in insulting celebrities who are either dead and incapable of responding or who are too kind and polite to get aggressive with them. I just wish they would stick to searing political commentary and the sort of stuff we love to see ridiculed. They stopped him from mentioning Belinda Emmett, a breast cancer victim. The song continued, so that was definitely arranged. But why?? To show they draw the line because they are good, respectful lads?? Not exactly. They insulted everyone else in spite of their families and fans, so why not include a truly despicable reference to her tits (well, she was a breast cancer victim). They mentioned Stan Zemanek's brain and malignance which was a clear jibe at the brain tumour that killed him.
They lacked courage where Belinda was concerned because her husband Rove McManus has his own TV talk show here. If they insulted his deceased wife, he might have launched the kind of blistering reply they are afraid of. And being a big TV personality, he could also have influenced the ABC into pulling their show off the air. That's the only reason they showed restraint there.

They wouldn't dream of attacking someone with the intelligence or wit to show them up. They should have attacked TV and radio star Stan Zemanek when he was alive. I would have paid to see that. I didn't like him either - the racist old homophobe. But again, a bit of respect. Love him or hate him, he died a terrible death and there's nothing remotely amusing in that. He was like your razor-tongued dad or uncle. If he was still alive, he would have ripped them each a new hole
Quote by DogWithoutABone
+1

Although if they had've said something about Belinda Emmet that definately would have been too far. The best thing about the chaser is that it really shows you how many complete retards populate this country (ie. all the people that complain about the show and how it's unaustralian)

No, the retards are the one's who are so socially inept they think bad manners and cruelty are funny.
That was brilliant, I loved it when the rest of them stopped him from going further!

I just wished i knew more of the names mentioned.
Page 1 of 2