basically, i love seymour duncans, but id like to give say a pair of burstbuckers a chance in my project guitar, but i dont know how to get my hands on a set. any ideas?

also, though im thinking burstbuckers does anyone have any experience with gibson pickups and think that i could do better (money not really a huge object)

btw, im using an alder body, rosewood fretboard, roland micro/ peavey bandit.
Quote by CobenBlack
cool. i'll look on there. to be honest they just seemed like no brainers, most people i listen to use gibsons, but i dont like the feel of the lp or the sg, so ya know. get a guitar i do like- put burstbuckers in.

If you're going to push the boat out on pickups then get Bare Knuckles, you'll at least be getting value for money then as opposed to getting ripped off for Gibbos. If you want a classic, Paffy tone then maybe a pair of Cold Sweats or Mules?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^+1

Gibsons are overpriced and don't sound htat good. I have a set of Bareknuckle Mules and they beat ALL the Burstbuckers I have tried. If you want PAF tone they're the one to go with.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
eBay, usually you can find a good deal with some patience and searching.

I picked up the Zakk Wylde set of EMG's off thier, brand new in factory packaging, plastic and all for $150. the guy lived close, so I didn't even need to pay shipping! so I saved over $50 buying them from a store considering I didn't need to pay tax either.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Jeez, those things are even a rip-off in the US
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I agree, they sound ok and cost like boutique pups. For that price you can get Bare Knuckless in Europe or Stephen Design Pups in the US.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by steven seagull
If you're going to push the boat out on pickups then get Bare Knuckles, you'll at least be getting value for money then as opposed to getting ripped off for Gibbos. If you want a classic, Paffy tone then maybe a pair of Cold Sweats or Mules?

+1

though i'm not sure cold sweats are classic pafs... o_O

EDIT: bulldogs are probably worth a look too. similar idea to bareknuckle, just slightly cheaper (the guy used to work for bareknuckle).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My bad, I'm no BK expert (although I do consider myself a Whopper connosieur), I justr knew the Cold Sweats weren't screamers like the Warpig, and Nailbomb etc.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Well Mules is like the definete PAF pup. Myself loving the sound of PAF style humbuckers I have a set of Mules and they're the best PAF replica I have ever heard.

The Cold Sweat is like a classic voiced high gain pup from what I understand.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

^^ no problem mark, i was just pointing it out. you give excellent advice 99.9% of the time.

^ yeah, i think so, gabe.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ agreed. heck in the UK you can get better pickups for a lot less money.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?