Well now more than ever my 3 month old firebird studio is buzzing really loud. I know it's the guitar because my rig is guitar->amp and I tried my RG321 and it's quiet as a rock. There are no grounding loops and even if I touch the strings the buzzing is still very very loud. Any takers?

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
If it is only 3 months old take it back to the store. It should be under warranty. If you bought it online contact the seller to see what kind of policy they have. It is probably just a loose connection somewhere but if it can be professionally fixed for free under warranty you are better off going that route. If you want to try and fix it yourself, remove the cavity cover and gently wiggle each wire until the buzzing stops. That should tell you where the problem is
If not post back with some more details and we'll see what we can come up with.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
have you ever hand tightened the guitar jack?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
To jj1565: No, I haven't. I checked everything and the wire seems in order.

I will probably take it to a store because I ordered this online and from abroad (family brought it with them when they came to see me in the UK from Canada...).

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Try turning off lights in the room you are playing in, make sure computers, tv's, popcorn poppers, toasters, irons, blow driers, and microwaves are all off anywhere in the house.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by philjay
To jj1565: No, I haven't. I checked everything and the wire seems in order.

I will probably take it to a store because I ordered this online and from abroad (family brought it with them when they came to see me in the UK from Canada...).

when you said you checked it, you mean you took the jack out of the guitar, looked and both wires are still connected?

if so then ^ what he said. so try moving your rig to a different room. see if you still buzz there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011