Hey guys
Im starting to learn Bass tommorow. Been waiting for a couple weeks for this lesson, got a guitar figured out should be getting it next week. ( A SX scorpion bass) any good?

Yeah so i hope i can join this tight group of bassist and can go along with you all as one of the family
Welcome to the low end and the merry band of bass players who inhabit the forum. Our family is quirky, fun and very knowledgeable and we're always looking to adopt new members. Respect your instrument and the people on here, use your search bar wisely and you will go far.

Good luck on your lessons--a good teacher can take you far in your playing.

I am not familiar personally with the SX Scorpions, but they appear to be a decent Jazz bass clone. Not bad for a starter.
Welcome to the land of make-believe, where all of your wildest bass dreams come true. Oh, and listen to the guy above me. He's a man of great wisdom and power.
Last edited by Sly Taco at Oct 19, 2007,
Just be careful about asking already-answered questions and you'll be fine....people around here can't stand answering the same question twice.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Twice? Try a thousand times.
And welcome mate.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
Twice? Try a thousand times.
And welcome mate.

To that, I say touche
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

Hey, but keep those threads on "which bass should I buy" coming!. I've already made $15 towards the "lets get Anarkee a nice Urge II", my self funded charity that requires me to put aside a fiver every time someone asks that question...

Quote by anarkee
Hey, but keep those threads on "which bass should I buy" coming!. I've already made $15 towards the "lets get Anarkee a nice Urge II", my self funded charity that requires me to put aside a fiver every time someone asks that question...

I'd flood the board with "which bass" threads, but I'd probably get banned for rioting
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

Hahaha thanks for the welcome guys/girls.

I think im gonna like it here.

*settles in*
It's a nice place .

Apart from the occasional flame wars... .

Apart from that, it's great .
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.