I was thinking today while I was teaching myself to play "I walk the line" by Johnny Cash, has anyone ever done the song, using a electric, not to distort or modify the song to rock, but to make it more warm and bluesy (I don't think that is the word I want but it's what came to mind) But has anyone done it or thought about doning, and could you tell me your out comes, cause I think I'll go home and work on it on my Les Paul. So I would like feed back even if you haven't told me, tell me if you think it would be worth the time to do. Thanks in advance.

~JP~
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Amp
Crate V33H head w/ Berhinger B412S
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is my pet bunny. Will you play with my bunny?
(")_(")
Just do it.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
how would an electric make it more warm or bluesy? you don;t get more blues than a beat up acoustic and a bottleneck slide
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Do It! I love doing REMAKES. I loved House of the Rising Sun as a lad and later when I heard it redone (Blue Cheer I think) I realized how good a remake can be.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Frigid Pink did a blues metal version of House, its my favorite. Way back when I did Folsum Prison blues with some nice electric blues guitar, changed the beat a little. Worked out well.
FRIGID PINK! Right you are Sir.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
^Bob Dylan got a lot of **** for doing that. Folk purists almost lynched him (but I say screw them if they can't take a joke.)
well folk is aimed towards acoustic... i mean the i deal is an acoustic and a voice just protesting or singing whatever

so i can under purist wanting to stay with that ideal... but then theres stuff like folk metal... and that just confuses me...

my point being bob dylan is a folk artist but is not the epitome of folk
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I can understand their side of it, I was just joking. I look at Dylan as being more a musical incarnation of the old beatnik poets than a folk artst. If the folkies had paid more attention to his lyrics they may not have been so quick to adopt him as their own.