i just bought a g-400 deluxe. what do you think about them. how close to an actual sg is it, what should i add to it to make it better, also ive noticed that that its reaaly heavy when i put it on the neck dips straight down to the floor, is there any way to fix that. thank you for any help
just keep hold of the neck. For modding it it really depends on your style. fiddle witht he settings of it first to see if there's anything you like on it. If not or if you don't find it good enough chuck some new pickups in (personally I'll put a SH6 and a jazz one in mine when i get the cash) but whatever suits your style do.
i second the seymour duncan pickups, did it w/ my cherry G-400 and do not regret it one bit. it'll bring out its real potential, stock epi pups are decent, but wont get you nearly as far. of course the other factor to include is ur amp!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
id find a Gibson-style pickguard if thats ur style. personally, i like em better than the small pickguards. Definately get some good Duncan, DiMarzio, or Gibson pickups if u can afford em. Burstbuckers would sound pretty good, but are a litte much for you. A JB/Jazz would be good, or an Evo/PAF Pro from DiMarzio.
This thread doesn't need to be in 2 different forums .

*Reported* for your viewing pleasure.

Quote by qotsa1998
id find a Gibson-style pickguard if thats ur style. personally, i like em better than the small pickguards. Definately get some good Duncan, DiMarzio, or Gibson pickups if u can afford em. Burstbuckers would sound pretty good, but are a litte much for you. A JB/Jazz would be good, or an Evo/PAF Pro from DiMarzio.

Did you know the JB has twice the DC resistance of any of the other pickups you mentioned?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
To make it better you could change the pups to what style of music you play (what do you play?)
And to stop it being neck-heavy, you can move where the strap button is
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Solution to neck heavy (not pretty.) Use the little shoe string on the neck end of the strap to wrap around the peghead acoustic style. G400's are decent guitars. They are however much more neck-heavy than Gibson SG Standards and above. I don't think the pickups are all that bad, any deficiency can be compensated for by EQ.
Quote by qotsa1998

NO such thing epiphone and gibson have the same pickguards. Just the G-400 is a copy of the older sg's. You can get a gibson with them pickguards as well.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
I absolutley love my G-400. it's a 66 reissue that has a true heritage cherry finish on it, opposed to the flat red or whatever the regular G-400's have. and it has the Gibson pickguard, opposed to the smaller one.

the clean tones are great. the overdrive is pretty solid as well. the alnico pups that are stock are a little weak for leads. I'm considering getting some Gibson T-400's for it. but that's my only qualm with it.

if you get a leather strap, opposed to nylon, it will eliminate the heavy neck problem.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Don't create multiple threads of the same topic in different forums.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure