i just bought a g-400 deluxe. what do you think about them. how close to an actual sg is it, what should i add to it to make it better, also ive noticed that that its reaaly heavy when i put it on the neck dips straight down to the floor, is there any way to fix that. thank you for any help
Eh.

My first guitar was a G400 and I gave it away after like 9 months.

*shrug*

Get a good strap or move the strap button the horn a la Tony Iommi.

I didn't like the pickups and the electronics seemed pretty useless.

There are better guitars in the price range, but it's not really a *bad* guitar.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I have an SG-400, after a few days I got used to the heavy neck, but still have to buy a better strap cause it solves the problem pretty much. really like it tough. as said, you'll get used to the neck after a while, after that, it's a great guitar. at first I also had some problems with the frets, but after I put some fastfret on it, they were nice and smooth..
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
I played a G400 today. Nice player, didn't care much for the INCREDIBLE neck dive though. Good for the price, neck dive is an issue though unless you can get a hold of a good strap. I recommend a quality Suede one.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I use a G-400, thought it did neck dive at first, I have a great strap now that doesn't let it swing around.

I changed the pickups, electronics, and tuners...did a bit of sanding work, and I think it sustains like a beast now. Definitely beats any Gibson SG Faded I've played.

What was the deal with the original electronics?
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
The original electronics just aren't the greatest quality. But after a pickup change this thing is a beast. The only problem with epiphone guitars in general is you have to pick a good one out at the store but if you do then imo its worth it.
^^The switch was crappy. Plus, I wired in some push/pull pots, so I had to replace the original. Also, I changed the way the circuit was grounded and added shielding for quieter performance, so I changed the other remaining pots, too. I also used small ones, so I had more room in the cavity for whatever I wanted to put there in the future.
Ive got the Deluxe as well. Great guitar, just get a leather strap and your sorted. Maybe pup change as well but i havent yet and it sounds pritty good.

I got the deluxe for the finish, one of the best looking SG's their is. Gibson and Epiphone
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Yeah I have one, not a deluxe though. I love mine, the neck dive was an issue for me for the first month or so. But I've had it for about a year now and I'm completly used to it, dosen't irritate me a bit.

And yeah forsaknazrael the switch is a bit dodgy, shame I know bugger all about electronics