http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/goods_detail.php?g_id=78871

now, if only I can learn Japanese and get an OFR on it..... lol.

Using a converter, I found out I can get the guitar like it is for 1,093$ which is half the price of the USA Jacksons. This one has 7strings though, so that's good.

it's suppose to have the same specs as the USA version, but something doesn't seem right... I guess because it doesn't have an original Floyd Rose.

Could anybody help me out with selecting features etc. because some people bought some of these on sevenstring.org and they said you can select certain features or specs that you want.

btw, has anybody ever played one of the jackson stars?
... wtf man what you mean "half the price" thats like double the price for most of Jackson's models.
I know, but it's close enough.

I actually like the bevels etc. I have an epiphone explorer, but I want something good.

I was using babel fish to get around the site...

I wonder how much shipping will be.
Quote by Tapping_Ninja
... wtf man what you mean "half the price" thats like double the price for most of Jackson's models.

The KE2 kelly is 2 grand. This one is about 1200.

USA jacksons are expensive, the jacksons your talking about, are the ones from china etc. that are pure junk.

How you doin!
Daaaaamn, that's the nicest 7 string I've seen since Petrucci's.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by nan0
The KE2 kelly is 2 grand. This one is about 1200.

USA jacksons are expensive, the jacksons your talking about, are the ones from china etc. that are pure junk.

How you doin!

... but thats not how it sounded... But I get what your saying.
Don't forget shipping costs man, a bit pricey.

But, what's good about the guitar:

BODY : Alder
SCALE : 648mm-24F
NECK : Maple Thru-Neck
FINGERBOARD : Bound Striped Ebony with Sharkfin Inlays
BRIDGE : Tunamatic.Strings Thru-Body
PICKUPS : Seymour Duncan SH-2n-7(Front),TB-5-7(Rear)
CONTROL : 1Volume.1Tone.3Way Toggle Switch

I'd go for it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by Shabalaba
Sounds nice but it may crap quality with it being jap made

erm... no? The Jackson Stars models are really good, and Japanese lines of guitars tend to be high quality (Unless we're talking the cheap cheap stuff).
This thread makes me want to scream...

#1: Its called a Kelly
#2: Jackson makes no guitars in china. the JS are Indonesian, the X, Pro, MG are Japanese, out of the same place as Jackson STARS.
#3: By the time you get through shipping, its probably going to be around $1400, which you could get a used USA Kelly for.
#4: There was a rumor going around Jackson was prohibiting dealers from exporting any STARS products or for taking orders at the moment, but this is unconfirmed. What is known is they are not taking semi custom orders.
I've never seen a 7 string kelly before.. the body looks like it's too small for the neck/headstock
It's well worth the money. Jackson Stars are just as nice as USA Jacksons and where else are you going to find such a gorgeous seven string?
Just a brief history of Jackson Stars from what I understand:

In the early 90s when Jackson was pumping out their high quality Jackson Professional line, they had shops in Japan that would make them. Once the lease ran out, they didn't renew, so Jackson made other shops in Japan to produce their current line of Japanese Jacksons. The old company branched off. They didn't want to stop making the Jackson models, so they used the name "Jackson Stars".
Quote by Vittu0666
Just a brief history of Jackson Stars from what I understand:

In the early 90s when Jackson was pumping out their high quality Jackson Professional line, they had shops in Japan that would make them. Once the lease ran out, they didn't renew, so Jackson made other shops in Japan to produce their current line of Japanese Jacksons. The old company branched off. They didn't want to stop making the Jackson models, so they used the name "Jackson Stars".

Extremely wrong Jackson Stars is part of the Jackson brand. Its just the name for Japan market Jacksons, like the Grover Jackson name that came before it. Read this, you're obviously confused or got fed bad information: History of Jacksons and Japanese Production of them

EDIT: The article on Stars seem to contradict thta, but I believe its a licensing deal. Its all owned by Jackson still.
Last edited by CJRocker at Oct 19, 2007,
Quote by Shabalaba
Sounds nice but it may crap quality with it being jap made

Japan makes the(arguably)best Fenders.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Metal_Rich
Daaaaamn, that's the nicest 7 string I've seen since Petrucci's.

I'm not a fan of Petrucci's at all.

That Kelly is sexy as hell though, I'd definitely buy it if I had the cash.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by CORT noob
Japan makes the(arguably)best Fenders.

more than just the best fenders.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by CJRocker
This thread makes me want to scream...

#1: Its called a Kelly
#2: Jackson makes no guitars in china. the JS are Indonesian, the X, Pro, MG are Japanese, out of the same place as Jackson STARS.
#3: By the time you get through shipping, its probably going to be around $1400, which you could get a used USA Kelly for.
#4: There was a rumor going around Jackson was prohibiting dealers from exporting any STARS products or for taking orders at the moment, but this is unconfirmed. What is known is they are not taking semi custom orders.

1. I know, but this way it would bring in more people.
2. I was just giving random examples.
3. I had a feeling.
4. say what?

Japan doesn't make the best Fenders. Fender is an American company lol.

I could add an OFR to it once it gets here... but the routing, and the tremolo will be like, 500$ together if I'm lucky.
Yeah @ number 4. The shops that export have stopped taking orders on semi customs, and some are rumored to not be exporting any period. I would contact them though and see if they would ship to USA.
yeah I was going to anyway, to be safe.

I have to go through so much crap to get this done... I hope it's worth it.