Hey all,

so I changed form 009 to 010 heavy bottom strings (I have a usa strat deluxe)..
and now my bridge is pretty raised, if you know what I mean...also the action of the guitar is higher (I don't mind that) ...but...here is the question: Is this bad for the guitar? I mean...can it damage the guitar by having a bridge "Raised" like that?

tnx
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
It's not bad, but it's an easy fix. Just go into the back of the guitar, take off the cover plate and tighten the springs. The tension of the springs should equal the tension of the strings. And going up in string gauge creates more tension.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by MurderWorship
It's not bad, but it's an easy fix. Just go into the back of the guitar, take off the cover plate and tighten the springs. The tension of the springs should equal the tension of the strings. And going up in string gauge creates more tension.

tnx...
but if i wanted to play with a higher action like that...would it be ok just to leave it like this?
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
I use thicker string gauge to turn my normal trem into a crappy floyd.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by Adry007
tnx...
but if i wanted to play with a higher action like that...would it be ok just to leave it like this?

Yes, but who wants playing to be uncomfortable. A raised bridge however tends to have less tuning stability, and goes out of tune faster. If you want higher action, I would recommend raising the strings, not the bridge.
Gear:

If u tune down with ur 10's, the tension should even out the bridge. but if u play in normal tuning, then u have to tighten or maybe add a spring in the back.
tighten hmmm? I just opend the back? wtf do I do now
Quote by Adry007
tighten hmmm? I just opend the back? wtf do I do now

Tighten the screws so the springs pull with more force.
Gear:

Quote by MurderWorship
Tighten the screws so the springs pull with more force.

I don't see any screws
There are only 2 big screws going into the body of the guitar ...and 3 springs connected to the tremolo and to this 2 screws with some sort of support

tighten screws on the left, needs more help? add springs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Adry007
I don't see any screws
There are only 2 big screws going into the body of the guitar ...and 3 springs connected to the tremolo and to this 2 screws with some sort of support

The ones that are going into the body.
Gear: