ok i know i should know this but embarrassingly i don't!

I have 11s on my dean with a floyd (floating) and setup in standard e tuning (i prefer it.)

problem is, the strings are really tight and near unplayable for me (as i like to do a lot of bends etc) so i was wondering surely if i change to maybe 9s or even 8s then the strings would be a lot looser in the same tuning?

and also, presumably as im not changing tuning, just string gauge, i wont need another full setup. (i know i will need to re adjust the springs in the bridge)

appreciate your help
Ibanez iceman ICT-700 white
Schecter C1 Classic (Amber)
Schecter C1 Classic (tobacco burst)

Laney VH100R head
Laney VC50 combo
Laney gs412la cab

Various Boss pedals
Probably be best to get a full setup.

Honestly, though, if you only go down to tens you should be okay without much adjustment. I'd say don't go down to eights because, compared to elevens, they're like playing shoestrings.
11s would be really tight. But just imagine SRV's 13's on his 25.5" scale length Strat. that would be almost impossible to bend unless u have super-strong fingers. Id go for 10, maybe 9s. 8s no, b/ they would break easily i think and hurt ur fingers more than normal. I play w/ 9s, and i can bend pretty easily.
thanks for your help
Ibanez iceman ICT-700 white
Schecter C1 Classic (Amber)
Schecter C1 Classic (tobacco burst)

Laney VH100R head
Laney VC50 combo
Laney gs412la cab

Various Boss pedals
Quote by chrisappleyard
ok i know i should know this but embarrassingly i don't!

I have 11s on my dean with a floyd (floating) and setup in standard e tuning (i prefer it.)

problem is, the strings are really tight and near unplayable for me (as i like to do a lot of bends etc) so i was wondering surely if i change to maybe 9s or even 8s then the strings would be a lot looser in the same tuning?

and also, presumably as im not changing tuning, just string gauge, i wont need another full setup. (i know i will need to re adjust the springs in the bridge)

appreciate your help

If the strings are "really tight and near unplayable" then if you don't mind me asking, why in dog's name do you have 11's on it?

Floyd's work best with 9's in standard, and yes, you'll need a full setup if you change string gauge. You might not be changing tuning but you're still changing the string tension.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
9s would be best as they allow u to bend very easiily but iv recently switched up to 10s and they arent really much harder (if at all) to bend.
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60