Seriously, why does no one ever mention Steve Miller around here? Steve Miller Band made some great guitar songs, with Steve and his Ibanez Iceman or Artist leading it.

The Joker
Take the Money and Run
Rock 'n Me
Jet Airliner
Fly Like an Eagle
Jungle Love

All of these are some classics, but they aren't brought up. I think Steve Miller nowadays is a way under rated guitar player. But really, why does he not get much recognition anymore?
The Joker is one of my all time favourite songs I only have Steve Miller Band's best of but I wouldn't mind getting some more.

Oh. I was wondering..

Is the Steve Miller Band the same as the Steve Miller Blues Band? I was looking at some old psychedelic posters from the late 60s and there the Steve Miller Blues Band showed up a few times but I couldn't find any stuff on them
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
I heard a song on the radio the other day by Kid Rock that has two lines from The Joker in its chorus, "I get my loving on the run" and "sure don't want to hurt no one". But the rest of the song was boring hard rock that didn't bear any resemblance to The Joker... I normally don't care about stuff like this, but those lines are so associated with The Joker in my mind that I wouldn't put them as main lines in the chorus of an unrelated song.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
The only song I know is Space Cowboy.

I'll try to get 'The best of 1968-1973' from the local library (the only cd they got from Steve Miller Band)
Apostle of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join!
My Last.fm
Fly Like an Eagle is a really good CD if you are looking for a lot of his hits. Also check out Book of Dreams for even more of his good songs. I personally like Book of Dreams better. And make sure you listen to his early stuff like Brave New World and that one CD with Livin' in the USA.
Quote by Highbinder
The Joker is one of my all time favourite songs I only have Steve Miller Band's best of but I wouldn't mind getting some more.

Oh. I was wondering..

Is the Steve Miller Band the same as the Steve Miller Blues Band? I was looking at some old psychedelic posters from the late 60s and there the Steve Miller Blues Band showed up a few times but I couldn't find any stuff on them

Yeah they are, look up their biography anywhere and I think you'll find the answer. They were a Cream/Bluesbreakers-esque outfit in the 60's, with Miller and Boz Scaggs leading the pack I believe.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Quote by Absyth
The only song I know is Space Cowboy.

I'll try to get 'The best of 1968-1973' from the local library (the only cd they got from Steve Miller Band)

Thats what I have. Pretty good, but my only complaint is it has the cut version of Jet airliner, with a short intro, and changes the line "Funky s*** going down in the city* to "Funky kicks" and it sounds slightly out of tune.
I love Steve Miller. I really like his guitar tone on songs like Take the Money and Run.
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
hes got good **** just saw him live and it kicked ass lots of energy suprisingly and he sounds great
Very underrated. Got a lot of bad rep in his day for not being a strict bluesman, but music has to evolve, and while I love straight up blues, he took his music in a very cool direction.
He is really great, but kind of forgotten. I need help though, I can't think of the name of the song that has the lines "Come on and dance... You know the night is young and..." that's all I remember that and the yodel type thing.
i have had his greatest hits on three different mediums now; CD, Cassette and Vinyl.

To me i think Swingtown, Threshold/Jet Airliner are two masterpieces of Rock.
hahaha^^

I have a book of dreams LP and love it, "my own space" kicks so much ass

his music is so relaxed, but still has a ton of energy, he did a tour and came here(pittsburgh) last summer, I didnt get to go, but I heard it was a great show

my favorite songs are probably true fine love, serenade, and going to the country
He's from Waukesha, Wisconsin. Les Paul was a family friend and gave him guitar lessons, if I'm not mistaken. Anyways, I'm so sick of "The Joker", I actually get pissed when I hear it. "Jet Airliner" still has some staying power though. FM Radio has been disgusting for too long...
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Saw 'em live a couple years ago was a good show. My parents went though and all they did was bitch. It was really annoying. They even played Dance Dance Dance which is my favorite SMB song. The only thing I didn't like is when they keyboard dude came out and rapped the 2nd verse to maybe Fly Like an Eagle? I don't really remember just know I did not like that part.
Quote by cornmancer
He is really great, but kind of forgotten. I need help though, I can't think of the name of the song that has the lines "Come on and dance... You know the night is young and..." that's all I remember that and the yodel type thing.

is it pretty bluegrassish, its dance dance dance
Excellent band here. I think many people have just forgotten about him.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by cornmancer
^I was thinking it was swing town but whatever.

ahaha, youre right, when you said the yodel thing, it made me think of dance dance dance since its very country-y then i remembered the lyrics to swingtown once you said something lol