Could anyone give me a lil information on the Ancient Roman methods of Execution? Besides the crucifixion method. Actually.. Just tell me anything you know about execution and torture in Ancient Rome! Much help needed!
"We programmed in death...A thousand needles lie here to inject their lies."
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
...**** you.. Everytime I search somethin' I get the same damned crucifixion bs
"We programmed in death...A thousand needles lie here to inject their lies."
Being a gladiator is basically execution
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quartering.

Where they tie a person's limbs to four horses (ya know, one limb for each horse) and send the horses running in different directions.

Theres something for you to research.
Quote by surethingmrvai
Quartering.

Where they tie a person's limbs to four horses (ya know, one limb for each horse) and send the horses running in different directions.

Theres something for you to research.

That's a middle age British thing.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Killswitch666
...**** you.. Everytime I search somethin' I get the same damned crucifixion bs

From the second result I got when I searched on google

Attack/devouring by animals, such as dogs or wolves, as in Ancient Rome and the Biblical lion's den; by rodents (such as rats); by alligators or crocodiles, or carnivorous fish (such as piranhas or sharks); by crabs or by insects (such as ants)

By being thrown from a height. Rome executed murderers and traitors by flinging them from the Tarpeian Rock. Defenestration, the act of throwing someone from a window, has been used more by rebels and angry mobs than by official executions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_methods_of_capital_punishment

You're welcome.
Asshole
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
in complete seriousness, one of the most common methods of execution used was strangling/garotting i beleive.
im having to read lots of roman books for my history a levels and im pretty sure thats what came up at some point
man why you ask people who most of them dont now **** about anything and say things trying to be smart like the colesium or gladiators. Try searching on history webs, there are a lor of good ones.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
From the second result I got when I searched on google

Attack/devouring by animals, such as dogs or wolves, as in Ancient Rome and the Biblical lion's den; by rodents (such as rats); by alligators or crocodiles, or carnivorous fish (such as piranhas or sharks); by crabs or by insects (such as ants)

By being thrown from a height. Rome executed murderers and traitors by flinging them from the Tarpeian Rock. Defenestration, the act of throwing someone from a window, has been used more by rebels and angry mobs than by official executions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_methods_of_capital_punishment

You're welcome.
Asshole

I was taught the punishment for murder was exile for a couple of years. Crime wasn't punished very severerly.

Maybe this was during a certain period though (around Cicero's time).
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!