I'm about to place a order for a hand wired pickguard from Guitar Fetish. Here is my problem. My 1993 with vintage noiseless pickups lacks any punch AT ALL. It is smooth, has great tone, but no balls.

So I opted to put one of these pickguards in it, but here is the deal, should I get the 250k or with the Overwound pickups? I believe the specs are 10k, 9.6k, and 9.3k. Will these sound hot enough with 250k pots or do I need the 500k pots to really get the best out of them?

I don't want anything to bright or out of hand, I want a nice warm overwound texas tone with some ballsy low end.

Thanks in advance for the advice
2007 Deluxe Lone Star Strat
2004 Standard HSS Strat
1993 American Standard Strat

Peavey Classic 30 (The practice)
Mesa Lonestar Special (The gigger)
Sounds like someone needs some tex mex pickups.

But on another guitar, in my opinion. I love those VN pickups.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I have 500k in all of my strats.
Gear:
2007 American Stratocaster (Baby Blue Nitro)
2005 John Mayer Stratocaster (Sunburst)
2003 Godin Flat Five (Flamed Maple)
1967 American Stratocaster (Black Nitro)
1960 American Stratocaster (Olympic White Nitro)
Quote by mtrilus
I have 500k in all of my strats.

How does that help him?

O.o
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I swapped in 500k pots in one of my strats to give it more cut in the studio. 500k=brighter tone, 250k=warmer tone. I've also seen people install 1M pots on their neck tone controls for an even brighter neck tone.
I guess my question then is will 500k pots be too much with an overwound pickup? The vintage pups are just not enough with the stock 250k pots that come in the 93 strat I'm assuming.
2007 Deluxe Lone Star Strat
2004 Standard HSS Strat
1993 American Standard Strat

Peavey Classic 30 (The practice)
Mesa Lonestar Special (The gigger)
500K pots will work. Just that it will add more bright of a tone. It probably will sound like it is louder, but it doesn't actually add volume. You probably would have to experiment.